NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Expo announces a social media boot camp designed to help show organizers build their communities, build their brands and enhance their reach through the use of social media.
The Social Media Boot Camp will be held March 25 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The winners of Expo's Digital Excellence Awards will be announced at an awards luncheon from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. during the boot camp.
The emergence of social media has created major opportunities for trade shows and events. Social networks can be used to market shows, engage audiences, enhance communities, generate buzz and keep participants involved long before—and after—the event itself. More importantly, all of these things offer new opportunities for revenue generation.
For more information, visit www.expoweb.com/socialmedia.
One day of high-level content will draw on the expertise of the leading show producers in the for-profit, association, medical and consumer sectors.
Speakers from the following companies will be represented:
• Tina Anthony, Senior Social Media Director, Consumer Electronics Association
• Traci Browne, Author of "The Social Tradeshow"
• Joanne Carry, Digital Marketing Director, Marketplace Events
• Farrah Cox, Director, Technology Practice, GolinHarris
• Emily Greene, President and Chief Creative, VIVA Creative
• Denise Miller, Director, Trade Show Marketing, International Homebuilders Show
• Kathleen Mudge, Global Marketing and Program Manager, Cisco Live, George P. Johnson
• Scott Sherpe, Marketing Director, New Hope Natural Media
• Kristin Torres, Executive Director, Meetings & Events, National Cattlemen's Beef Association
• Allah Wright, Online Manager, Society for Human Resource Management
Sessions will include:
• Monetizing Your Social-Media Investment
• Generating Buzz, Excitement and an Enhanced Sense of Community during Your Event
• Social Media Metrics That Matter Most to You
• A 365-Day Relationship with Social Media
• Face Off: The Conventional Wisdom, and What Really Works
If you have any questions or would like to register by phone, contact Danielle Sikes at email@example.com; 203-899-8433.
The Social Media Boot Camp is an information-packed event that includes lunch and plenty of networking opportunities. For more information, visit www.expoweb.com/socialmedia.
Expo is the leading multichannel brand serving the tradeshow industry, providing insight, information and inspiration for show-organizer executives and their teams. Its essential mission is to help show producers in all sectors solve business challenges. For more information visit www.expoweb.com.