DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hskwmz/medipoint_biopsy) has announced the addition of the "MediPoint: Biopsy Devices - US Analysis and Market Forecasts" report to their offering.
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. It can affect numerous organs and tissues of the body. When a patient is suspected of having a particular type of cancer, a biopsy procedure is performed to extract a target tissue sample for histological analysis. This intervention typically provides a definitive cancer diagnosis for the patient.
Given that these procedures play such an important role in the diagnostic pathway for various cancers, medical device manufacturers have worked to develop biopsy devices that maximize the volume and quality of the tissue samples, as well as decrease their negative impact on the patient's body. As seen with other medical device markets, less invasive biopsy techniques have entered the market and have established a new gold standard in many global regions.
While the global biopsy devices market is expected to see growth over the forecast period, there are several barriers that are dampening the intervention's potential adoption levels. Notably in the US, reimbursement for image guided breast biopsies has undergone some restructuring. The 2014 Medicare Fee Schedule Final Rule imposed drastic reimbursement cuts for these procedures which will have a significant effect on the adoption of more expensive vacuum assisted biopsy (VAB) devices.
- An overview of biopsy devices, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized the US biopsy devices market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for biopsy devices
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
Argon Medical Devices
C. R. Bard
Devicor Medical Products
Gallini Medical Devices
Intact Medical Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hskwmz/medipoint_biopsy
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.