LAS VEGAS & SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT), a global leader in gaming systems technology, and DoubleDown Casino, the world’s largest social casino, today announced new data revealing female poker players’ participation in social casinos is on the rise. The data was released as a follow-up to DoubleDown Casino’s ongoing U.S. Social Casino Index project offering a detailed look at social casino player preferences, based on more than six million people who play DoubleDown Casino games on Facebook or a mobile device every month.
“As the world’s largest virtual casino, we pay attention to trends and make note of the fact that poker is appealing to broader audiences both online and on the casino floor,” said John Clelland, Vice President of Global Marketing at IGT Interactive Group. “Poker is traditionally thought of as a male-dominated game but our data proves that female poker players are on the rise in social casinos.”
Although DoubleDown Casino offers more than 40 free-to-play social casino games, the company found that poker is one of the most popular games among all online social casino players. While men are still the majority of poker players, there was a 22 percent increase in female players in 2013 over the previous year.
DoubleDown Casino is the only social casino that brings an authentic Vegas experience where everyone is welcome to play for fun and share in the thrill of taking a chance. DoubleDown Casino also found:
- Women spend about as much time playing free-to-play online poker as men each week.
- Women in Hawaii love to play poker! They spend almost 6.5 hours per month playing poker in online social casinos. This finding makes sense as the Social Casino Index found that players in Hawaii tend to use their mobile phones for game play more than players in any other state.
- Women in Utah like to take chances! They play almost 8 million virtual chips per session.
- Women in Wyoming play virtual chips more conservatively. On average, they play fewer than one million virtual chips per session.
The complete findings from DoubleDown Casino’s study on women in poker can be found at http://doubledowninteractive.com/press.
- Like us on Facebook
- Like DoubleDown Casino on Facebook
- Play DoubleDown Casino games
- Follow us on Twitter
- View IGT’s YouTube Channel
- Check out our other games and gaming systems
International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in casino gaming entertainment and continues to transform the industry by translating casino player experiences to social, mobile and interactive environments for regulated markets around the world. IGT’s acquisition of DoubleDown Interactive provides engaging social casino style entertainment to more than 6 million players monthly. More information about IGT is available at IGT.com, or connect with IGT at @IGTNews or facebook.com/IGT. Anyone can play at the DoubleDown Casino by visiting http://apps.facebook.com/doubledowncasino or doubledowncasino.com.