MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mirus Bio, a Madison, WI-based biotechnology company is launching a new look for its product packaging that addresses the needs of scientists and recognizes the three R’s of the environment: reduce, reuse and recycle.*
Researchers will start seeing the new product packaging in March, with a noticeably smaller shipping package. U.S. packages will be shipped in new insulated envelopes that provide a fully recyclable alternative to previously used Styrofoam containers. Product will be in a rugged hinged-top container composed of tin, with paper inserts to hold the tube in place – again, all fully recyclable.
A summary of the features and benefits include:
- Fully reusable and recyclable product tins and inserts.
- Lighter and reusable shipping bags.
- Quick Reference Protocols, “QRPs” will be included with TransIT® transfection products instead of a full, bulky protocol, which will still be available online.
- Detailed full protocols, MSDS and Certificate of Analysis are now available online (instead of with product shipment), decreasing the amount of waste.
“Our emphasis is to make it as easy as possible for scientists to focus on their research,” said Scott Rose, Vice President, Operations. “We spoke with many researchers who interacted with our initial concepts, and they shared what worked and what didn’t. There were barriers to our packaging -- issues that we took into account along with aspects of competitor packaging that guided us through the development process. We believe our final package addresses the needs of our customers, while respecting the need for every component to be either recyclable or re-purposeful.”
More information about Mirus Bio packaging can be found: https://www.mirusbio.com/about/mirus-bio-new-product-packaging
ONE FOCUS: TRANSFECTION
Every transfection product offered by Mirus Bio is the result of scientific discovery and development from an in-house team of chemists and biologists. Almost two decades after its founding, transfection continues to be the focal point and passion of Mirus, giving researchers the most reliable products and expertise
© 2014. All rights reserved. Mirus Bio LLC.
* Fact Monster. © 2000–2013 Pearson Education, publishing as Fact Monster. 10 Mar. 2014 <http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0775891.html>.