ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Architecture, manufacturing, engineering and design professionals around the world rely on Dell Precision workstations to deliver the performance they need to power through mission-critical, resource-exhausting workloads and master the most data-intensive and demanding software applications. For tasks ranging from computer-aided engineering to concept design to complex simulation and analysis, Dell’s end-to-end technology solutions are helping customers design, build, iterate and innovate more often, affordably and at a fast rate.
Growing product design complexity, coupled with the expected workload on design engineers, demands professional-grade CAD and BIM 3-D modeling software, workstations and graphics cards that are up to the task in today’s competitive marketplace. Customers worldwide rely on Dell Precision workstations to bring their innovative designs to life, including:
- Leading global design, architecture and engineering firm HOK, a long-time Dell customer, relies on the performance and reliability of Dell Precision workstations to engineer and design high-performance projects from 24 offices around the world. The firm currently uses Dell Precision T3610 and T5610 fixed workstations and Dell Precision M4800 and M3800 mobile workstations.
- Shelby American, the premier high-performance car manufacturer in the United States, relies on Dell Precision T7600 and T3600 tower workstations for their compute-intensive CAD programs and graphics applications, enabling them to quickly prototype design changes cutting car design cycles down from months to weeks. Dell’s technology also enabled the company to bring its design operations in-house, creating a new profit center, and the team now produces Shelby American’s posters, T-shirts and other souvenirs on Dell Precision workstations.
- Monash University, one of Australia’s leading tertiary institutions, uses Dell technology to power its Research Cloud which comprises 4000 compute cores and Dell Precision T1700 workstations for all of its engineering and graphics performance requirements. Additionally, the university leverages more than 20 Dell Precision R7610 rack workstations to deliver the world-class Cave2 Hybrid Reality facility, a world-leading, room-sized virtual reality environment allowing scientists to step inside their research and manipulate ultra-high-resolution visualizations of data.
“3D and design engineers are expected to deal with a multitude of issues and tasks, including design, simulation, visualization, collaboration, presentation, sustainability, manufacturability and beyond,” said Andy Rhodes, executive director, Dell Precision workstations. “By leveraging Dell Precision workstations with professional grade components and certifications for their demanding software applications, they can drive more product iterations and faster time to market.”
Dell End-to-End 3D Design Solutions
From concept to print, Dell offers a complete solution for 3D design including powerful Dell Precision rack, tower and mobile workstations optimized for Dassault Systèmes, Autodesk, PTC and Siemens software applications, UltraSharp displays for highly accurate and consistent representation of models, 3D mice and digitizers for precision input and MakerBot Replicator 3D printers and scanners for fast and affordable digital prototyping.
Architects, engineers and manufacturers working on complex projects need to know they can depend on their applications and workstations to work reliably together to get projects done on time and to standards. To provide maximum performance and mission-critical reliability, Dell Precision workstations offer:
- Dell Precision Performance Optimizer, the world’s first automated workstation performance tool, enabling up to 57 percent¹ faster workstation performance;
- Dell Reliable Memory Technology, error correcting code memory that isolates naturally occurring errors and prevents them from contributing to system crashes; and,
- Intel CAS-W, the first workstation enterprise-grade storage acceleration software application which improves workstation application performance by enabling high-performance, SSD-like storage on rotational disk drives.
To learn more about Dell’s engineering and design solutions that help to reduce prototyping costs, increase product iterations and achieve more accurate simulations visit: http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/campaigns/precision-construction.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
¹ Based on system graphics composite score from testing at Dell labs December 2012 using a Dell Precision M6700 with Nvidia Quadro® K3000M comparing factory-installed default settings against DPPO optimized settings running Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Performance Test. Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.