ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Ministry of Interior, represented by the General Directorate of Civil Defense in Abu Dhabi, will be organizing the UAE International Fire-fighter Challenge 2014. The challenge will be one of the highlights of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2014, which is set to take place on April 1-3, 2014 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
The event is being organized by the UAE-based fire and rescue management firm, 911 Occupational Safety and Fire Fighting Training. It will consist of a series of unique competitions that test firefighters’ skills. Participants will compete to win prizes and cash awards totaling $150,000.
43 participants from the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan, the United States, Canada and Poland will participate, in addition to five teams from Canada, Germany and Poland. It is expected that the number of participants in the individual competitions will be 100 participants and the number of participating teams will reach 20 by the end of the registration period.
The event consists of a series of tournaments & competitions that include four categories: singles, doubles, relays and teams. The six key tasks are:
1. Stair climbing, where the competitor climbs a 6-storey tower while carrying a 20 kg high-rise pack of hose.
2. Hose hoisting; the competitor hoists a 20 kg roll of hose from the top of the tower.
3. Forcible entry; the competitor simulates a forcible entry by moving a hydraulic beam with a shot mallet.
4. Running; where the competitor moves as fast as possible shouldering fire hydrants nozzle end for a distance of 43 meters.
5. Hose advancing; the competitor shoulders and drags the nozzle end, advances 23 meters and hits the designated target with the stream of water.
6. Victim rescue; the competitor simulates a victim rescue by dragging an 80 kg Rescue Randy mannequin over a distance of 30 meters.
For more information about:
The Ministry of Interior, please click HERE
Abu Dhabi Police, please click HERE
*Source: ME NewsWire