WHAT: The BioFlorida Latin America & Caribbean Life Sciences Conference organized by BioFlorida, Inc.
This international Conference will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to explore business collaborations and share best practices in all areas of life sciences including research, development and commercialization. The two-day program will cover such topics as research and commercial successes and collaborations, economic development opportunities, intellectual property and regulatory framework.
Quick fact: Latin America has a $4.8 trillion economy, and has become one of the most dynamic regions in the world – a hotbed of business opportunity particularly in the technology sectors. There has never been a more important time for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies and research institutions to collaborate to capitalize on new opportunities and expanding markets.
WHO WILL BE IN
Industry professionals both from around the state of Florida as well as international waters are expected. Attendees will join life sciences professionals from the U.S. and Latin America from emerging and established pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. University and research institutions as well as investors, regulatory experts and government officials from both regions will be in attendance.
WHEN: Thursday-Friday, March 27-28, 2014
TIME & DETAILS:
March 27: Exhibitor Set-Up, Onsite Registration & Opening Gala at the Sofitel Miami Hotel 12 - 3 pm Tour of FIU (optional) | 3:30 - 5 pm Program Begins | 5 - 7 pm Opening Gala (Dress Code: Business or Business Casual, Gala @ the Sofitel Miami Hotel)
March 28: Program & Exhibits at FIU in the Graham Center Ballroom
8 am Continental Breakfast | 9 - 5 pm Program | 5 - 7 pm Closing Gala @ The Frost Museum
WHERE: Florida International University (FIU), Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC), 11200 S.W. 8th Street, Miami, FL 33199.
- Learn about the Latin America markets from the experts; hear best practices and potential obstacles.
- Find out about economic incentives and financing opportunities.
- Utilize the 1-on-1 Partnering software and connect with Conference attendees (the cost for the Partnering software IS included in the Event Registration).
- Promote your company or research institution and establish partnerships to grow your business.
- Network and establish relationships with key individuals in the life sciences industry.
$450 (BioFlorida Members); $550 (Non-Members).
Attendees can register HERE.
Sponsorship of the Conference includes marketing exposure in a highly targeted marketing campaign, Exhibit opportunities, Exhibit badges and access to pre-attendee lists. The packages are designed to fit all budgets. For more information about sponsoring, please contact Steve Parker at (561) 243-3073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYNOTE and featured SPEAKERS:
- Gabriela Gebrin Cezar, DVM, PhD, Senior Director & Head, External R&D Innovation; Brazil, Latin America & South Africa Worldwide Research and Development; Pfizer
- James Hogan, President, Medtronic Latin America, VP, Medtronic, Inc.
- Miguel Ángel Margáin, Director General, Mexican Institute of Industrial Property
- Gray Swoope, Secretary of Commerce, President & CEO, Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Mark Rosenberg, President, Florida International University
Additional industry experts speaking at the Conference include:
- Rolando Brawer, PhD, Director of Corporate Development, Life Technologies
- David Coriat, Head Public Affairs & Communications Latin America at Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michelle Cuccia, Senior Director - Market Development, Teva LatAm
- Gabriel Kleiman, Assistant General Council, Pfizer.
Attendees of the Latin America & Caribbean Life Sciences Conference are invited to stay at the Sofitel Hotel in Miami. Sofitel Miami Hotel offers contemporary ambiance and is conveniently located near Miami International Airport. The Sofitel Hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to and from the airport.
BioFlorida has secured a block of rooms at the Sofitel Miami Hotel. Book before March 7, 2014 to ensure space is available. Conference attendees are entitled to a discounted rate of $179.00++ for the night of March 27th. Use this link to make your reservations today.
BioFlorida (BioFlorida.com) is the voice of Florida’s life sciences industry, representing more than 3,000 companies and research organizations in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and bioagriculture fields that employ nearly 84,000 Floridians. BioFlorida’s member-driven initiatives provide a strong business climate for development and production of innovative technologies and products that improve lives and promote economic benefits to the state.