LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Facewatch, the company that runs the fully integrated online reporting system, used by police forces and businesses across the UK has appointed Richard Thompson as Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect. Richard was most recently the Chief Constable of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and has extensive experience gained internationally during his time at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Simon Gordon, Chairman, Facewatch Ltd
“This is a important step change for Facewatch, which was started in 2010 as a way to protect my customers from bag theft in Gordon’s wine bar. Richard will be instrumental in taking Facewatch to the next level and establishing the brand as a trusted crime prevention and detection platform. Online and mobile tools such as Facewatch Crime Reporter and Facewatch ID are still in their infancy but as the proliferation of camera technology moves online towards central monitoring we can all look forward to a significant reduction in low level crime by working together and I am hopeful that Facewatch will help to be a catalyst for positive change”.
Richard Thompson Chief Executive Officer, Facewatch Ltd
“I am very pleased to be joining Facewatch at this extremely exciting period in the company’s life. A practical need led Simon to invent Facewatch and technology was the catalyst like so many ground-breaking ideas. Facewatch is now, after just four years, already highly respected in the UK policing arena and is ready to take advantage of the rise of ‘mobile’ as the default device for police, consumers and businesses for every type of communications. My goal is to ensure Facewatch is fully established as the leading business crime prevention and reporting platform in the UK and internationally”.
Facewatch - Facts:
Facewatch Crime Reporting has signed protocols in place with 9 police forces and has a further 8 in the pipeline in the UK, covering over 50% of the population. Facewatch ID, the mobile crime identification App has just been re-launched with significant enhancements and has been providing police forces with an unprecedented 20% rate of feedback from the public on identifying subjects of interest. Internationally Facewatch is shortly beginning pilots with police forces in the USA and Australia, with further high level negotiations ongoing in Brazil and Africa as well as opportunities opening up in India and many other countries.
Richard Thompson OBE LLB, biography:
In 2012, Richard completed thirty-three years Government service during which time he had extensive policy and operational experience in the security, intelligence and defence world. He was Commissioned into the Royal Green Jackets (1978 – 88), served in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (1989 – 2007), and was the Chief Constable of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (2007 – 12). His postings overseas included Hong Kong, France, Oman, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Kosovo, and Iraq. He held a number of senior domestic appointments as well as geographic operational commands for Central and Eastern Europe within the FCO before becoming the first civilian to become a Chief Constable since 1947, when he took up the responsibility for providing the armed police protection for all British civil nuclear sites and the transhipment of fissile material both inside the UK and internationally. In 2012, he founded Elvaston Global Limited, an international consultancy service; and in 2013 he co-founded and is a Director of Advanced Laser Imaging. He has been a lay member of the Bar Standards Board since 2009 and is the Chairman of their Supervision Committee; he is an Honorary Fellow at King’s College London; an Honorary Fellow of the Strategic Studies Institute at Exeter University; and a visiting lecturer at the US Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. He was educated at St Paul’s School, London; Exeter University and Harvard Business School.
· Online crime reporting using any device with an internet browser
· No special equipment required – a computer with broadband access is all you need
· Works with any existing CCTV system or even without CCTV for reporting only
· Perfect for shops, licensed premises, hotels and all CCTV monitored premises
· Image sharing in groups such as Pubwatches, Shopwatches, BIDs, shopping centres, high streets, retail chains and larger retail groups
· Direct link to local police forces and appropriate officers – police update the crime status throughout the investigation and can use the system for secure messaging between the business and case officers which remains on the case file
· Creation of posters showing images of banned or suspect persons for use by staff
· Full statistical analysis with key performance indicators showing police status and success rates in solving the crimes
· Creation of full evidential pack including automatic witness statements and crime reference online by the business user
· Free and instant cancellation of victim’s credit and debit cards following theft
· Victim and business updated automatically on police progress of crime investigation by email
Facewatch systems accreditations:
ACPO (Association of chief Police officers) – Secured by design
Fully data protection compliant
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com