Habeck joins The Howard Hughes Corporation as Executive Vice President of Strategic Leasing. In this new position, he will guide the leasing efforts in strategic development and merchandising. After nearly a decade at Westfield Corporation, where he most recently served as Vice President of Development Leasing in New York, he oversaw the leasing and merchandising strategy for retail at the World Trade Center. During his time at Westfield, he provided his expertise in the areas of strategy, leasing, financial analysis, development, lease administration and process management of retail and office properties as part of the international REIT leadership team. He was one of the top producing leasing executives for the company for many years, being recognized as the “Dealmaker of the Year” in 2010.
Previously, Habeck served as Vice President, Development Leasing for Westfield in California and held positions with Robertson Property Group in Los Angeles, Brookfield Properties and Dayton Hudson Department Stores. In addition to his extensive real estate experience, he holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Minnesota and a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Carleton College.
Jonathan Lauren joins the company as Vice President of Leasing. . He will lead retail leasing for the company’s flagship property in Lower Manhattan - the iconic South Street Seaport - where the neighborhood is undergoing a major revitalization effort led by The Howard Hughes Corporation. Lauren also comes to the company from Westfield, most recently as Senior Vice President of Leasing, responsible for overseeing leasing of 50% of the Los Angeles region, including work with luxury brands. He also served as Senior Vice President of Project Leasing, overseeing 50% of California development leasing, and Executive Vice President of East Coast, responsible for leasing efforts at sixteen malls located in various states from Connecticut to Florida.
Previously, Lauren served in key leasing roles with Faison & Associates and Centermark Properties. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Southern Methodist University.
"Jonathan and Brent are respected, seasoned and talented executives in their fields," said Grant Herlitz, President of The Howard Hughes Corporation. “We know that these new leaders, along with the rest of our leasing team, will continue to propel our company forward through their efforts at our key retail properties as we strive to become one of the leading American brands of the 21st Century.”
Major retail projects for The Howard Hughes Corporation currently under development include:
- The South Street Seaport in New York, mentioned above - where the redeveloped Pier 17 is currently under construction along with the historic Uplands and will reopen in 2016 - with approximately 362,000 SF of retail and an unmatched 1.5-acre rooftop entertainment and dining venue that will hold up to 4,000 people for concerts and special events along the East River;
- The Shops at Summerlin, where over 125 shopping, dining and entertainment offerings in an open-air center will serve as the first phase of the future Downtown Summerlin for the acclaimed 22,500 master planned community and the entire western valley of Las Vegas;
- The 60-acre, mixed-use Hughes Landing development in The Woodlands which includes up to 11 office buildings, a restaurant row, Whole Foods Market, hotel, fitness center and up to 800 multi-family residences;
- Ward Village in Honolulu, which will be transformed over the next decade into a new urban community with approximately one million square feet of retail and other commercial space in addition to up to 4,000 high-rise residences; and
- The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk in New Orleans, which is opening in early summer as the first downtown outlet center in the U.S.
About The Howard Hughes Corporation®
The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the U.S. Our properties include master planned communities, operating properties, development opportunities and other unique assets spanning 16 states from New York to Hawaii. The Howard Hughes Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as HHC and is headquartered in Dallas, TX. For additional information about HHC, visit www.howardhughes.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts, including statements accompanied by words such as “will,” “believe,” “expect,” “enables,” “realize”, “plan,” “intend,” “transform” and other words of similar expression, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s expectations, estimates, assumptions, and projections as of the date of this release and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are set forth as risk factors in The Howard Hughes Corporation’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Quarterly and Annual Reports. The Howard Hughes Corporation cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. The Howard Hughes Corporation does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect future events, information or circumstances that arise after the date of this release.