SAN ANTONIO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--At eTail West today, Artisan Mobile announced the release of a new Yankee Group whitepaper analyzing the tools and solutions available to marketers needing to better understand and improve customer engagement through mobile applications. The whitepaper, prepared by Yankee Group for Artisan Mobile, examines how the emerging category of Mobile Experience Management solutions works to offer the same flexibility for mobile apps that is available for analyzing, testing, optimizing, and personalizing websites.
“As is the case with website management and enhancement, marketing teams need easy-to-use solutions that speed management and don’t require technical expertise,” reported Yankee Group Research Director Sheryl Kingstone after evaluating different mobile customer engagement strategies and tools. “The best option is a comprehensive MEM platform with many integrated capabilities rather than point solutions that address only one isolated aspect of mobile customer engagement.”
Mobile Experience Management solutions are intended to help marketers better understand and leverage users’ interactions with mobile applications. These solutions allow non-technical users to analyze, test, optimize, and personalize native mobile apps in order to turn real-time insight into actions that improve mobile customer engagement. To meet the needs of mobile marketers, Yankee Group reports that MEM solutions must:
- Analyze Insight: Automatically gather reliable data on user behavior, including not just the user, app and session basics, but also complete visibility into all user interface action within the app.
- Conduct Tests: Real-time A/B testing of existing mobile applications without writing code or re-submitting to app stores is critical for understanding the best ways to improve engagement.
- Quickly Optimize: Non-technical line-of-business employees must have the ability to modify the mobile app without waiting for programmers or needing to resubmit to the app store.
- Personalize Engagement: Offer intimate, contextual level of engagement by segmenting audiences based on behavioral patterns, trends, location or other mobile app specific data.
In the paper, Yankee Group also notes that the mobile app lifecycle is accelerating in order to ensure on-going customer engagement. As a result, manual coding approaches will not keep pace with today’s mobile market. In order to accomplish meaningful mobile engagement, businesses must re-think and modernize their current mobile application management strategies. Yankee Group recommends:
- Transition best practices from Web to mobile apps to ensure customer engagement: Mobile apps are different from websites – they are a unique channel and require a platform that has been purpose-built for managing the on-going lifecycle of customer engagement in a mobile app environment.
- Act on insight to achieve higher return on mobility: When it comes to mobile app analytics, many non-technical users can’t get the right data, trust the data, or get actionable insight from it. A company’s tools must solve the problems of every aspect of the overall mobile experience management process.
- Empower non-technical users with better tools: Ninety-three percent of marketers place a significantly high importance on the ability to use data to track and measure user experience to see customer retention and engagement. They also must be able to analyze which customer segments have the highest total lifetime value and leverage that insight to further fine-tune the mobile app.
According to Kingstone, “Marketers need rich mobile experience management functionality in order to achieve absolutely crucial mobile objectives. Employing comprehensive MEM technology makes that possible.”
Click here for a free copy of the full whitepaper from Yankee Group.
Artisan is the creator of the industry’s first Mobile Experience Management platform. Artisan significantly accelerates the path to user engagement and creates new opportunities for business growth. By bringing the capabilities of online Customer Experience Management and Web Marketing Optimization to the mobile app world, Artisan helps organizations drive mobile adoption, retention, conversion, and revenue. Artisan is venture-backed by FirstMark Capital and is proudly located in Old City Philadelphia.