March 3, 2014
This announcement is for our U.S. $5,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
To whom it may concern
Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
At the meeting of the Board of Directors held on February 05, 2014, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (“Mitsui”, Head Office: Tokyo, President & CEO: Masami Iijima) resolved to set up a share buyback program pursuant to Article 156 and Article 165(3) of the Companies Act of Japan. Mitsui reports progress on share buyback program with the following details:
1. Class of stock: Common shares of Mitsui
2. Number of shares repurchased: 16,773,300 shares
3. Cost of acquisition: 25,719,104,159 yen
4. Period: From February 6, 2014 to February 28, 2014
5. Acquisition method: Auction market on Tokyo Stock Exchange
1. Details of share buyback program resolved at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on February 05, 2014.
(1) Class of stock: Common shares of Mitsui
(2) Total number of shares: Up to 40,000,000
(2.2% of the total number of shares outstanding excluding treasury shares)
(3) Total amount: Up to 50,000,000,000yen
(4) Period: From February 6, 2014 to March 24, 2014.
2. Total number of shares repurchased, and total cost of acquisition under this program.
(As of February 28, 2014)
(1) Total number of shares repurchased: 16,773,300 shares
(2) Total cost of acquisition: 25,719,104,159 yen
For further information, please contact:
Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Investor Relations Division Tel: +81-3-3285-7910
Corporate Communications Division Tel: +81-3-3285-7540
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on Mitsui's current assumptions, expectations and beliefs in light of the information currently possessed by it and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Such risks, uncertainties and other factors may cause Mitsui's actual results, financial position or cash flows to be materially different from any future results, financial position or cash flows expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors referred to above include, but are not limited to, those contained in Mitsui's latest Annual Securities Report and Quarterly Securities Report, and Mitsui undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. This announcement is published in order to publicly announce specific facts stated above, and does not constitute a solicitation of investments or any similar act inside or outside of Japan, regarding the shares, bonds or other securities issued by us.
For diagrams omitted, please see our home page. (http://www.mitsui.com/jp/en/release/2014/1202237_5699.html)