TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THine Electronics, Inc. (JASDAQ:6769), the global leader in high-speed serial interface and provider of mixed-signal LSI, today announced that it will be licensing its display interface technology, V-by-One® HS, to Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM).
V-by-One® HS technology has been developed by THine to make internal display interfaces smarter and less expensive to develop for devices, such as flat panel displays, robotics, amusement, and automotive infotainments, as well as document processing systems and security systems. Today V-by-One® HS is recognized as essential in the flat panel display ecosystem.
“Qualcomm Technologies is a key adopter of V-by-One® HS Standard,” said Kazutaka Nogami, THine’s President and CEO. “THine licenses its V-by-One® HS Standard, which provides lower system costs and higher performance through V-by-One® HS to customers such as Qualcomm Technologies. THine continuously provides added value to our customer base through our high-speed interface and mixed signal LSI technologies.”
Key benefits of V-by-One®
* High transmission quality with high performance equalizer in noisy conditions
* High data transmission quality solving cable skew problems with high speed Serializer / Deserializer using clock data recovery (CDR) technology
* Lower electro-magnetic interference (EMI) with clock embedded transmission, no reference clock at receiver
* Reduction of total cost and board space by optimizing cables and connectors
* Seamless transition to V-by-One® HS minimizing change of device input/output and peripheral design
* Lower energy consumption with variable transmission speed: 600 Mbps to 4.0 Gbps
About THine Electronics
THine Electronics Incorporated is a fabless maker that provides innovative mixed signal LSI and analog technologies such as V-by-One®HS, LVDS, timing controller, analog-to-digital converter, image signal processor, and power management in flat screen TVs, smart phones, tablet PCs, document processing, amusement, industrial application, and automotive markets. THine is headquartered in Tokyo, and has subsidiaries in Taipei, Seoul, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Shanghai. THine is listed on JASDAQ of Tokyo Stock Exchange under the security code of 6769. World Wide Web site: http://www.thine.co.jp/en/.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.