CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, wellness and rewards program HumanaVitality celebrates exceeding the three million member mark. HumanaVitality, which launched in July of 2011, motivates individuals and families to make healthier choices by rewarding them for activity like preventative screenings, exercising or positive lifestyle changes, for example smoking cessation.
“HumanaVitality has helped more than three million members get closer to achieving their wellness goals by personalizing, tracking and rewarding their positive behavior,” said HumanaVitality CEO Joe Woods. “It’s amazing to see how the program has grown and evolved in just three quick years. We’re looking forward to the next million.”
Since its inception HumanaVitality has added new program benefits offering even more rewards for healthy behavior:
- Savings on healthy foods: HumanaVitality and Walmart came together to encourage better eating habits with savings on healthier foods. This first-of-its-kind program offers HumanaVitality members who shop at Walmart a 5-10% savings on products that qualify for Walmart’s Great For You label , including fresh fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy.
- Medicare offerings: HumanaVitality extended the wellness program to more than 800,000 Humana Medicare Advantage, Humana Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan and Humana Medicare Supplement members in select plans in select markets.
Using measurable data and health assessment results, HumanaVitality creates unique goals and a personalized pathway of activities for each member. Members earn Vitality Points™ for activities such as preventive screenings, health education courses, verified fitness activities and weight loss. Members receive a Vitality Buck for every Vitality Point they earn, which can be redeemed in the HumanaVitality® Mall for a wide range of items including movie tickets, music downloads, electronics and gift cards.
HumanaVitality® is a joint venture between Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) and Discovery Holdings, Ltd. Humana partnered with Discovery because of its 14 years of worldwide experience using behavioral, clinical and actuarial science to motivate individuals to make healthier choices. By integrating rewards with healthy behaviors, HumanaVitality provides the tools and support necessary to help Humana members live healthier lives and furthers Humana’s dream to help people achieve lifelong well-being.
For more information about HumanaVitality, please visit www.humanavitality.com.
HumanaVitality®, headquartered in Chicago, Ill., is a joint venture between Humana Inc. and Discovery Holdings, Ltd. Humana partnered with Discovery because of its 14 years of worldwide experience using behavioral, clinical and actuarial science to motivate individuals to make healthier choices. By integrating rewards with healthy behaviors, HumanaVitality provides the tools and support necessary to help Humana members live healthier lives and furthers Humana’s Dream to Help People Achieve Lifelong Well-BeingSM.
HumanaVitality has more than 3 million members who are enhancing their health and wellness through a comprehensive integrated approach to lifestyle improvement. For more information about HumanaVitality, please visit the company’s website at www.humanavitality.com. You can also find us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/humanavitality, Twitter: @HumanaVitality, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/humanavitality, Tumblr: http://humanavitality.tumblr.com, and Google+: HumanaVitality.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information