MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jasper Wireless, the leading connected devices platform powering the mobile Internet of Things, today announced it will power AT&T Drive, a first of its kind modular, global automotive platform for developing LTE connected car services. AT&T Drive allows car manufacturers to take advantage of next-generation data speeds and deliver everything from voice-controlled apps and infotainment to advanced diagnostics services.
Jasper Connected Car Cloud will help AT&T power transformative connected experiences inside the vehicle for the betterment of safety, security, product quality and entertainment. Jasper Connected Car Cloud, exclusive to AT&T in the United States, will enable automobile manufacturers to benefit from:
- AT&T Control Center – the world’s leading connected device platform, built expressly for enterprises managing IoT services, providing operational automation, real-time diagnostics and innovative rate plan management
- Global SIM – the first end-to-end solution enabling manufacturers to manage a single SIM, while maintaining local service from local operators
- Split Billing – enabling highly differentiated service business models by deploying different services with different policies, rating and billing models all through a single SIM and modem inside the vehicle
- Third Party Rating – bringing to life new business models that allow third parties to be charged for data consumption inside the vehicle, relevant to the location and preferences of the car’s occupants
- Automated Lifecycle Management – managing services, policies and rate plans for all product lifecycle stages from manufacturing to dealer sales to resale and vehicle destruction
“The ‘Connected Car’ is about the complete on-board experience, not just the fancy gadgets. It’s about bringing together everything from diagnostics, safety and security to infotainment, apps and Wi-Fi hotspot services in a way that is right for this specific environment,” said Cindy Patterson, Chief Revenue Officer at Jasper. “Together with AT&T, Jasper has been powering auto customers since 2009, building unrivalled expertise on what it takes to deliver an amazing connected car experience. We’re excited to be part of AT&T’s ambitions to showcase these new end-to-end solutions for automotive manufacturers around the world and to become a leading carrier for connected car innovation in the world.”
“Jasper Wireless is a natural collaboration for AT&T Drive,” said Chris Penrose, senior vice president, emerging devices, AT&T Mobility. “Jasper has a long-standing relationship with AT&T for connected devices and is recognized as the first choice for enterprises entering the Internet of Things. Working with automakers, we’re focused on delivering the very best in-car experience for both the driver and passengers, and we’re pleased to be using Jasper’s platform to help provide this to our customers.”
For more information on AT&T Drive and AT&T Drive Studio, visit http://about.att.com/newsroom/connected_car.html
About Jasper Wireless Inc.
Jasper Wireless enables enterprises and mobile network operators around the world with the platform and services to serve the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) markets. Using the company’s unique cloud-based technology, network operators and enterprises can scale their deployment of connected devices quickly and profitably globally. Mobile operators leveraging the Jasper IoT Platform include AT&T, Telefónica, América Móvil, NTT DOCOMO, KPN, VimpelCom, SingTel, Etisalat, Telstra, Rogers, and more. Founded in 2005, Jasper Wireless is a privately held company based in Mountain View, Calif. For more information, visit www.jasperwireless.com or follow us on Twitter @JasperWireless. For Jasper Wireless career opportunities, visit http://www.jasperwireless.com/company/careers.html