INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New research from the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, from salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), found 83 percent of consumers want a seamless experience across devices, but 54 percent said mobile website content today doesn’t provide enough information.
Launched at Mobile World Congress® in Barcelona, the 2014 Mobile Behavior Report uncovers new consumer perceptions and behavioral patterns based on 470 survey responses and mobile usage data.
"Consumers are using smartphones as the dashboard to their life, operating in a mobile-first world with a level of connectivity that is unprecedented," said Michael Lazerow, chief marketing officer, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “Today’s hyper-connected consumer requires companies to create personalized experiences and deliver value at each touchpoint to increase brand loyalty and drive sales.”
Additional findings include:
- 32 percent of consumers said they associate mobile with ease of use on the go
- 84 percent of consumers that have signed up for emails from a brand over the past six months report making a purchase based on what they received and 46 percent made a purchase through a mobile device
- 65 percent of tablet owners report using their tablet at the same time as watching TV at least once a day
- 41 percent of tablet owners say they use their smartphone and tablet simultaneously at least once a day
- 76 percent of consumers who opt-in for location-based sharing believe it provides more meaningful content and 73 percent believe that location sharing is somewhat or very useful
- 91 percent of smartphone users say they check email at least once a day, 90 percent text, 76 percent use search and 75 percent use social
To download the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud 2014 Mobile Behavior Report, click here.
- For more information on the 2014 Mobile Behavior Report, visit the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud blog.
- Watch the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud demo video.
- Like Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud on Facebook.
- Follow @salesforce, @exacttarget and @marketingcloud on Twitter.
About ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud from salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is the leading 1:1 digital marketing platform, connecting companies with customers in entirely new ways. Learn more at www.ExactTarget.com.
The ExactTarget and Salesforce names and logos are the exclusive property of salesforce.com.