MEXICO CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GENTERA S.A.B. de C.V. (“GENTERA” or “the Company”) (BMV:GENTERA*) announced today audited consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013. All figures were prepared in accordance with requirements from the National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV) and are expressed in nominal Mexican Pesos (Ps.).
Total Loan Portfolio reached Ps. 20,706 million, a 14.0%
increase compared with 4Q12, distributed in the following manner:
- Banco Compartamos S.A. I.B.M. (Mexico) (Banco Compartamos) reached Ps. 16,447 million, a 10.5% increase versus 4Q12;
- Compartamos Financiera (Peru) reached Ps. 4,045 million, a 28.0% increase versus 4Q12; and
- Compartamos S.A. (Guatemala) reached Ps. 189 million, 66.6% higher compared with 4Q12.
Net Income for the fourth quarter was Ps. 697 million,
an increase of 21.6% compared with 4Q12. For full year 2013,
net income was Ps. 2,271 million (EPS 1.38), 12.4% higher than for
- Net Income for Banco Compartamos was Ps. 788 million, 32.4% higher than 4Q12.
- NIM for 4Q13 was 54.2%, compared with 54.6% in 4Q12. For full year 2013, NIM was 52.6%.
- ROE for 4Q13 was 30.7%, compared with 27.5% during 4Q12. For full year 2013, ROE stood at 25.3%.
- ROA in 4Q13 was 10.8%, compared with 10.5% in 4Q12. For full year 2013, ROA was 9.1%.
- Non-performing loans (NPLs) during 4Q13 stood at 3.12%*, from 2.88% in 4Q12.
- Efficiency ratio was 69.3% for the quarter, compared with 62.5% reported in 4Q12. For full year 2013, the efficiency ratio stood at 66.0%.
- YASTAS, GENTERA’s correspondent network manager, has affiliated around 3,200 small businesses. Of those affiliates, over 750 have been approved by the CNBV to execute financial transactions.
- ATERNA, the Company’s micro-insurance broker, with operations in Mexico, Peru and Guatemala, sold over 7 million life insurance policies during 2013.
- At the close of the fourth quarter, 7,785,701 shares were repurchased through the share buyback program, at an average price of Ps. 22.93 per share.
- GENTERA was confirmed, for the third consecutive year, as member of the Sustainability IPC Index, by the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV).
- During 2013, more than 14,000 employees participated in volunteer activities and programs in various communities, as well as the support of various foundations.
- 3.7 million financial literacy articles were distributed during the year to clients, employees and communities served by the Company.
*During 4Q13, Banco Compartamos’ financial accounting treatment for write-offs changed; credits that are over 180 days past due would be written off (vs. 270 days past due, previously).
Comments from Mr. Carlos Labarthe, GENTERA’s CEO:
GENTERA concludes another outstanding year and we as a company are very excited about the actions that we undertook in 2013.
Committed to eradicate financial exclusion, GENTERA continues to increase the number of its customers served by its various companies, either through microcredit lending activities by Compartamos; micro-insurance products developed by Aterna; or its correspondent network manager Yastas. At the same time, GENTERA continues to demonstrate a solid performance. During 2013, the Company delivered 14% growth in the total loan portfolio and net income reached Ps. 2,271 million, an increase of 12.4%.
Our largest subsidiary, Banco Compartamos, continues to grow at a healthy pace and in accordance with the implemented strategy. The group lending methodology product has grown over 8% on a year-on-year basis, but it is Banco Compartamos’ individual lending products that continue to experience the most rapid growth of 17% year-on-year.
Compartamos Financiera, our Peruvian operation, grew over 47% in terms of clients, now serving close to 200 thousand clients, 22% of these clients are being served through the Credito Super Mujer product. In Guatemala, Compartamos S.A. currently serves more than 67 thousand clients, exclusively with Credito Mujer. YASTAS, now operates with more than 750 affiliates, that can perform basic financial transactions. Finally, the micro insurance broker, ATERNA, maintains a solid momentum in the markets of Mexico, Peru and Guatemala.
We anticipate 2014 will be another challenging and exciting year, in which we will remain focused on our clients, and the thousands of employees that work with us. Our goal is clear; it is to provide financial services and products to individuals that were previously excluded from these services in the past. We will keep honoring the name and beliefs of GENTERA, and generating social, economic and human value to the highest possible number of people, in the shortest amount of time.
For a full version of this release, please visit www.gentera.com.mx.