SOLNA, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
January – December 2013
- Global Net sales decreased by 7% to SEK 136.2m (147.0)*. Adjusted for currency fluctuations, net sales decreased by 5% Year over Year (Y-o-Y).
- Net sales for clinical use of NIOX MINO decreased by 1% in total but increased in the US by 21% (26% in local currency).
- Strategic sales/shipments (sales to Pharmaceutical companies and CRO’s for clinical trials) decreased by 24% to SEK 27.3m (35.7). These sales fluctuate substantially between quarters.
- Total worldwide number of tests sold (repeat and initial) reached over 2.0m (1.8) tests, an increase of 10% Y-o-Y and in the US for clinical use by 44%.
- Total repeat test volume for clinical use increased by 11% and in the US by 25%.
- Gross Margin was 72% (72%).
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK 225.6m (201.5), corresponding to a loss per share before and after dilution of SEK 1.5 (1.6). The operating loss amounted to SEK 205.7m (197.0).
October – December 2013
- Global Net sales decreased by 1% to SEK 35.6m (36.2)*. Adjusted for currency fluctuations, net sales decreased by 1% Y-o-Y.
- Net sales for clinical use of NIOX MINO decreased globally by 18% and in the US by 14% (11% in local currency).
- Strategic sales/shipments increased by 157% to SEK 8.4m (3.3).
- Total worldwide number of tests sold (repeat and initial) reached over 0.5m (0.5) tests, an increase of 9% Y-o-Y and in the US for clinical use by 12%.
- Global sold repeat test volume for clinical use increased by 22%, and in the US by 7%.
- Gross Margin was 69% (73%).
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK 59.1m (62.9), corresponding to a loss per share before and after dilution of SEK 0.4 (0.4). The operating loss amounted to SEK 51.6m (63.5).
- Aerocrine’s industry leading FeNO-measuring device NIOX MINO®-09 cleared for commercialization in Japan
- NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) published draft guidelines recommending (http://www.nice.org.uk/newsroom/pressreleases/NICEConsultsOnDraftGuidanceRecommendingAsthmaTests.jsp) the use of Aerocrine’s NIOX MINO®and NIOX VERO®,Aerocrine’s new airway inflammation monitor, to guide the diagnosis and treatment of a type of asthma caused by airway inflammation.
- A new randomised clinical trial demonstrated lower incidence of asthma exacerbations and increased asthma control with Fractional exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO)-guided anti-inflammatory treatment. The study has been published on the website of Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice (http://www.jaci-inpractice.org/article/S2213-2198(13)00352-8/abstract).
- Aerocrine signed an exclusive agreement with Danish medical device company Intramedic AB for distribution of the NIOX VERO®in Sweden.
Key events after the period
- Aerocrine signed an exclusive agreement with UK & Irish medical device company Healthcare 21 Ltd for sales, marketing and distribution of the NIOX VERO® across the UK and Ireland.
AEROCRINE IN BRIEF
|Oct - December||Full year|
|-of which strategic sales||8.4||3.3||27.3||35.7|
|Gross margin %||69%||73%||72%||72%|
|Net profit after tax||-59.1||-62.9||-225.6||-201.5|
|Cash flow, current operations||-41.3||-49.1||-210.3||-184.2|
|Total cash flow||-43.0||-49.2||89.7||48.8|
*Note all numbers in ( ) are the corresponding period previous year and in the same unit.
This is information that Aerocrine AB (publ) is required to publish in accordance with the Swedish Securities Markets Act and/or the Swedish Financial Trading Act. This information was submitted for publication on February 20, 2014, at 8.00 a.m.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com