DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mzxr3x/european_airport) has announced the addition of the "European Airport Catering: Market Insight Report 2014" report to their offering.
The European airport catering market was hit by the downturn in the global economy and hence passenger volumes following the onset of the credit crunch in 2008.
It has since recovered strongly:
- Passenger volumes have bounced back to exceed pre-crisis levels in most countries.
- Ongoing privatisations and other commercial imperatives mean there is an increasing appetite on the part of more airport owners and operators to maximise the commercial returns on their assets
- Catering operators have continued to innovate their formats and their use of brands to maximise the appeal of their offerings to passengers.
In contrast to the increasing maturity of much of the contract catering sector, airports now appears to be a segment with attractive growth prospects. The key challenge for catering operators is to deliver ongoing improvements in performance so that they can earn returns in excess of what they need to pay to their two strategic suppliers: the owners of their high-footfall sites and high-performing brands.
The market has seen corporate activity in the recent past with a major demerger and re-organisation at one of the leaders, Autogrill, in 2013. However, sales processes considered by private equity investors at two other market leaders, SSP and Elior, did not lead to successful exits hence many in the industry expect to see further activity.
This report covers the operation of restaurants and catering facilities in airports across Western and Eastern Europe, excluding Russia and Turkey. It does not include duty free and other store-based retailing at airport sites or the provision of food on-board planes by airlines.
It quantifies the market size, historical growth rates, while reviewing key factors behind these figures.
It also carries out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth - including the macroeconomic environment, the trends in passenger volumes and the impact of other factors such as airport privatisation and commercialisation, enhanced airport security and the growth of low-cost carriers - setting out historical trends and available forecasts.
The report is intended for:
- Operators of airport catering businesses
- Airport operators
- Investors in these businesses
- Potential new entrants to the airport catering market
- Market regulators and policymakers
- Banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the sector.
Key Topics Covered
- About this report
- Airport Catering market context
- Key market trends
- Market size and growth
- Country markets: size, growth and characteristics
- Competitive landscape
- Caffe Nero
- Heathrow Airport Limited
- J D Wetherspoon
- Pret a Manger
- TRG Concessions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mzxr3x/european_airport
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.