TETTNANG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Security expert Avira announced today that it has launched its free PC Cleaner product to all English speaking markets worldwide. Originally launched in Germany at the request of the German Federal Bureau for Information Security (BSI) to clean up a critical botnet, Avira PC Cleaner is now available globally to scan and remove these botnet backdoors as well as other viruses, Trojans, spyware and malware that one’s existing antivirus software might have missed.
“Use Avira PC Cleaner when you think your computer has a virus or infection that your regular AV software didn’t detect,” said Sorin Mustaca, security expert at Avira. “It will clean and repair any infections that it finds on your computer, and it won’t slow down your machine by even a fraction.”
Avira PC Cleaner is a malware scanner which can be used in parallel with existing antivirus products. It protects all PCs, Laptops, and Netbooks with Windows XP(SP3) and later operating systems. Avira PC Cleaner runs from a temporary directory on your computer (to out-smart malware that tries to evade antivirus software) and doesn’t install itself on your machine or impact the system environment. It simply scans, detects and cleans, regardless of which antivirus software you have already installed on your computer.
“We recommend users should regularly perform a scan with the free Avira PC Cleaner, no matter which security software they have, so that we can be their second line of defense,” added Mustaca.
- Download Avira PC Cleaner for free: http://install.avira-update.com/package/pccleanerwebloader/win32/en/avira_pc_cleaner_en.exe
- Get additional details from Avira’s techblog: http://techblog.avira.com/2014/01/09/avira-pc-cleaner-a-second-opinion-scanner/en/
- To check and see if your online credentials have been compromised: http://techblog.avira.com/2014/01/24/bsi-launched-a-service-to-check-if-your-online-credentials-were-compromised/en/
- Join the Avira community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
- Become a partner with Avira: http://www.avira.com/en/partner-become-avira-partner
More than 100 million consumers and small businesses depend upon Avira’s security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company the number-two market share leader globally. Avira is ranked #1 in technology innovation according to ABI Research; recommended by Consumer Reports for its free antivirus software; cited by OPSWAT as the #1 fastest-growing antivirus vendor in 2012 and the #2 largest vendor worldwide in 2011; and has received a nearly unbroken string of Virus Bulletin VB100 awards for the past decade.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.