PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News :
Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY) was awarded by Open Joint Stock Company (OJSC) Kazanorgsintez(1) a contract to provide technology and services for a grassroots furnace at Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. The project consists of the engineering and procurement of an SMK™ double-cell cracking furnace. This is preferred for cracking high-capacity, low-cost ethane and propane gas feedstock.
In the framework of the cracking furnaces replacement program of Kazanorgsintez, the project follows the successful start-up and operation of a Technip SMK™ double-cell cracking furnace supplied in 2007. The furnaces are part of the ethylene plant at the site, with the output used as feedstock for other downstream units.
Technip’s operating center in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, will execute the project, which is scheduled for mechanical completion in 2015.
Stan Knez, Technip’s Senior Vice President, Process Technology, commented: “We are pleased that Kazanorgsintez has selected again Technip’s SMK coil technology for this new furnace. With more than 100 installations around the world, this technology is recognized for giving clients reliable, flexible and highly selective solutions to improve operational efficiency.”
Technip has widened its range of services and has reinforced its leadership in the downstream business since the acquisition of Stone & Webster process technologies in 2012.
- A furnace is an enclosed structure in which material is heated to high temperatures to produce ethylene and other products. This occurs in two sections. In the radiant section, the tubes receive heat through thermal radiation and the pyrolysis reaction (cracking) takes place. In the convection section, the flue gas is cooled to deliver high thermal efficiency by recovering the remaining heat.
- Technip’s proprietary coil technology used in a furnace.
- Enabling selectivity optimization to obtain very large capacity furnaces
- The largest capacity furnace in the world uses SMK™ technology and has a capacity of 210,000 tons per year of ethylene per furnace cell.
More information on:
(1) OJSC Kazanorgsintez is one of the largest chemical industry companies in Russia.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and
construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,500 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).