EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Peet's Coffee & Tea, a premier specialty coffee and tea company, announces its brand new, fresh food items now available in 126 Northern California stores, including the Bay Area, Sacramento, Monterey, Santa Cruz and Capitola. The food menu has been developed in partnership with famed Bay Area Chef Arnold Eric Wong and his local bakery Raison D'être, and provides Peet's fans with healthy and house made options such as applewood smoked ham sandwiches, super greens and kale salads, lentil salads and more. These fresh food items are locally made and delivered fresh every day to Peet's stores.
“Our Peet's fans have asked and we've answered with our new fresh salads and sandwiches. This gives them a more complete Peet's experience with a menu of healthy, delicious food that is house made locally here in the Bay Area and delivered fresh to our stores every day,” said Dave Burwick, president and CEO of Peet's Coffee & Tea. “Plus, we've added vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free items which we know are important options to many of our fans in Northern California.”
Peet's has called the Bay Area home for 48 years and Chef Wong shares this deep-rooted tie to the area, having served as a fixture of the local dining scene for nearly two decades. His intense passion for doing food the right way mirrors that same level of commitment Peet's puts into its premium craft coffee. His decorated career has spanned a number of highly acclaimed restaurants, including his own EOS Restaurant and Wine Bar and Bacar.
“I'm thrilled to be working with Peet's Coffee & Tea as they share my deep passion to quality, freshness and using the finest ingredients. And, it's important that we give Peet's fans a locally sourced, artisanal food experience that matches the quality of their coffee,” said Chef Arnold Wong. “We have carefully crafted these recipes to be health conscious and flavorful, and are making them locally right here in the kitchen at Raison D'être.”
The new menu includes:
- Herb Roasted Turkey Sandwich ($6.95): Made with turkey that is slow cooked and complemented with Monterey jack cheese and a homemade pumpkin seed pesto aioli.
- Applewood Smoked Ham Sandwich ($6.95): Aromatic applewood smoked ham, Swiss cheese and homemade roasted garlic aioli.
- Super Greens & Kale Salad ($6.95): A healthy assortment of kale, greens and fresh Greek feta paired with fig balsamic vinaigrette.
- Black Lentil Salad ($4.95): Fresh black beluga lentils, sweet Greek feta with a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
- Quinoa Salad ($4.95): A delicious combination of rainbow quinoa, chickpeas, roasted red peppers and herb vinaigrette.
- Fruit Bowl ($4.95): An assortment of fresh, seasonal fruit with an emphasis on berries.
- Cheese and Fruit Box ($5.95): Aged Dubliner Irish cheddar, Monterey pepper jack and Danish brie with crisp apples, roasted almonds and organic rice crackers.
- Hummus & Carrots ($2.95): Flavorful house made hummus with fresh carrot chips
About Peet's Coffee & Tea
Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. is the premier specialty coffee and tea company in the United States.
The company was founded in 1966 in Berkeley, Calif. by Alfred Peet. Peet was an early tea authority who later became widely recognized as the grandfather of specialty coffee in the U.S. Today, Peet's Coffee & Tea offers superior quality coffees and teas in multiple forms, by sourcing the best quality coffee beans and tea leaves in the world, adhering to strict high-quality and taste standards, and controlling product quality through its unique direct store delivery selling and merchandising system. Peet's is committed to strategically growing its business through many channels while maintaining the extraordinary quality of its coffees and teas.
Editor's Note: high res photos available
For more information about Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc., visit www.peets.com