DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb4bqc/southeast_asian) has announced the addition of the "Southeast Asian HV Transmission Market" report to their offering.
The Southeast Asian region has an unreliable and obsolete power transmission grid which faces frequent black-outs resulting in severe losses. Power utilities in the region have geared-up and have decided to invest in power generation projects. However, the grid is unable to take this excessive pressure that will build up when this additional power is injected into the grid. This has forced the utilities to invest in transmission grid infrastructure development. The projected investments are likely to contribute extensively to the transmission equipment and EPC services market. This is the major driver for the market growth during the forecast period of 2014-2018. The base year for the study is 2013.
Key Questions Answered
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Are the products offered today meeting customer needs, or is there additional development needed?
- What are the customer demand trends in the market?
- What is the revenue of the EPC services market in the region?
- Thailand and Indonesia were the biggest markets in 2013.
- Increasingly, transformer procurements are being routed directly to the utility and EPCs supply and install the rest of the equipment in a project; this slashes the EPC's profit margin by a significant percentage.
- Price, technical support and after-sales service are the key criteria that drive a transmission company's product procurements.
- Regional manufacturers are strengthening their facilities to support local demand; Chinese and South Korean manufacturers are strengthening their foot-hold amongst utilities.
- The price of transformers is likely to reduce because of the influx of low-cost products and increased competition in the market.
Key Topics Covered
Title Research Team and Contents
Definitions Scope and Market Segmentation
Vietnam Breakdown Analysis
Singapore Breakdown Analysis
Indonesia Breakdown Analysis
The Philippines Breakdown Analysis
Malaysia Breakdown Analysis
Thailand Breakdown Analysis
Rest of SE Asia Breakdown Analysis
The Last Word
Three Big Predictions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb4bqc/southeast_asian
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.