ZUG, Switzerland & LINZ, Austria--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The sixth annual EuroMedtech™ 2014 partnering conference will be held May 7–8, 2014 in Linz, Austria. EuroMedtech is Europe’s leading medical technology partnering conference where participants engage with potential partners around in- and out-licensing of products and IP, financing and other collaborative programs.
The 2013 event attracted 261 dealmakers from 191 companies who participated in 600 one-to-one meetings. The event also featured presentations by 44 of the most exciting medtech companies in Europe.
"EuroMedtech is Europe’s leading medical technology partnering event, and it has a loyal following of medical device decision-makers and investors whose focus is on propelling the industry and funding the next innovative device," said Florian Schoenhammer, Group Managing Director of EBD Group. “Medical devices are the backbone of the drug development industry, and EuroMedtech is where they bring innovative ideas to potential partners, including orthopedics, cardiovascular, diagnostics, imaging, eHealth and more.”
“Health technology and medical devices are strong in the Upper Austrian region,” said Michael Strugl, Minister of Economy, State Government of Upper Austria. “The Medical Technology Cluster is active in creating alliances with regulatory, manufacturing and point-of-care agencies to form a dynamic hub in the region. With our expertise and focus on medical devices, it is a perfect setting for an international partnering event to take place in Linz. We have much to offer delegates of EuroMedtech 2014.”
Produced by EBD Group, EuroMedtech caters to companies involved in all parts of the advanced medical technology industry, from those serving mainline therapeutic categories such as drug delivery and augmented intervention in medicine, through diagnostics, imaging and eHealth to those involved in platform technologies such as micro and nanotechnological tools and implantable devices.
And follow EuroMedtech on Twitter: @EuroMedtech, hashtag #EMT14.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.