DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4d83hf/connected_car) has announced the addition of the "Concise Analysis of the International Connected Car Market - Forecasts to 2018" report to their offering.
No wonder most of the industry experts opine that the connected car is all set to be the next big thing in the automotive industry. Future generations will rely more on cloud-based backend systems for content, information, and services. This turning of car into a huge data repository will open new avenues of business opportunities for service industries such as insurance and content providers such as Spotify (U.K.)
- The total shipments of connected car in 2012 are expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 41.2% from 2013 to 2018. This would account for more than 50.0% of total global car shipments by 2018.
- Various connectivity solutions such as LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, and HSPA are being bundled with OEM manufactured cars, apart from the existing traditional connectivity such as Bluetooth and 2G.
- North America and China would lead the way in LTE adoption, while 3G would get a boost from European countries and India.
- Middle East, North Africa, and emerging economies in countries such as Indonesia offer a better opportunity for traditional connectivity solutions.
- Automotive Semiconductor Industry to reach $18 billion by 2018
- The growth of end product market such as display and screen is directly linked to the OEM shipment of the connected car market.
- Aftermarket service is likely to witness the highest CAGR from 2013 to 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Cover-Page Interview
4 Market Overview
5 Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Technology
6 Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Form Factor
7 Connected Car Market, By Product And Services
8 Connected Car Market, By Application
9 Connected Car Market, By Geography
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- Audi Ag
- Bayerische Motoren Werke
- Delphi Automotive
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Harman International
- Hughes Telematics
- Hyundai Motor
- Intel Corporation
- Linux Foundation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nuance Communications
- Sierra Wireless
- Sony Corporation
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Tomtom International
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Verizon Communications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4d83hf/connected_car