GÖTEBORG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vitrolife (STO:VITR):
· Sales growth was 27 percent in local currency. Sales amounted to SEK 124 (98) million, corresponding to an increase of 26 percent in SEK.
· Operating income (EBIT) amounted to SEK 22 (12) million, corresponding to an operating margin of 18 (12) percent. The quarter was affected by the write-down of intangible assets with regard to Labware to the tune of SEK 9 (-) million.
· The comparative figures for 2012 relate to continuing operations, Fertility, unless otherwise stated.
· Net income amounted to SEK 15 (0) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 0.77 (-0.01).
· Contract manufacturing of STEEN Solution for Xvivo Perfusion AB terminated.
· Increased collaboration with Biolamina AB within the stem-cell area resulted in Vitrolife investing SEK 4 million in Biolamina in a directed share issue.
· Sales growth was 29 percent in local currency. Sales amounted to SEK 453 (362) million, corresponding to an increase of 25 percent in SEK.
· Operating income (EBIT) amounted to SEK 80 (50) million, corresponding to an operating margin of 18 (14) percent.
· Net income amounted to SEK 57 (27) million, which gave earnings per share of SEK 2.84 (1.36).
· Integration of Cryo Management Ltd, which was acquired at the end of 2012, focusing on sales of Primo Vision.
· Acquisition of all the shares in the Danish company HertArt ApS, which has developed the Labware range.
After the end of the year
· The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 1.00 (0.60).
· The Board has, in connection with the close, resolved to increase the operating margin target to 17 percent compared to earlier 15 percent at the same time as the ambition for growth remains at 20 percent.
Gothenburg, February 6, 2014
VITROLIFE AB (publ)
Thomas Axelsson, CEO
Vitrolife (http://www.vitrolife.com/en/Corporate/) is an international medical device Group. Vitrolife Fertility (http://www.vitrolife.com/en/Fertility/) product area develops, produces and markets medical devices for assisted reproduction. Work is also carried out to enable the use and handling of stem cells for therapeutic purposes
Vitrolife (http://www.vitrolife.com/en/Corporate/) has approximately 240 employees and the company's products are sold in almost 110 markets. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and there are also offices in USA, Australia, France, Italy, United Kingdom, China, Japan, Hungary and Denmark. The Vitrolife share (http://www.vitrolife.com/en/Corporate/Financial/The-share1/) is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm (http://www.nasdaqomxnordic.com/aktier/shareinformation?Instrument=SSE13469), Small Cap.
Vitrolife is required to publish the information in this press release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on February 6, 2014 at 08:30 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the press release. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com