CARLSBAD, Calif. & SUZHOU, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2014 edition of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, China’s premier life science partnering event, will be held May 7–8 at the Kempinski Hotel in Suzhou.
In 2013, the Forum was attended by more than 750 delegates from 405 companies and 22 countries, making it the largest partnering conference in China. Pharma and biotech companies as well as leading researchers from China's top universities and institutes consider it a must-attend event for establishing a presence in China’s expansive in-demand healthcare sector.
“The event has been extremely successful, and has edged out the competition making it the only successful life science partnering event in China,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “There is still huge market potential, and interest in new drugs and healthcare options is only growing in China. Companies who want to secure a foothold there will find exponential opportunities.”
“China is a burgeoning market and there is a lot of potential for innovative companies including biotech and pharma, contract research organizations and investors,” said Florian Schoenhammer, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. “We are looking at the real-time transformation of China’s biotech and life science ecosystem. Undeniably, international companies are eager to build relationships in China to meet growing demand.”
The event is recognized by life science insiders as the largest and most productive partnering event for established biotech and early-stage companies to meet and collaborate with China-based corporate partners, including venture capitalists and business development executives from big pharma companies.
"China faces the same burdens of chronic disease as the West, and this burden represents a huge opportunity in terms of market potential,” said Gangfeng Xu, Divisional VP, Corporate Licensing & Acquisitions, Abbott Laboratories. “We are actively seeking innovative partnerships in China that will address current and future health concerns."
Innovative companies, organizations or researchers interested in partnering their technologies or products, initiating strategic alliances, or tapping into the financing network are encouraged to apply to present. Applications to present are currently in review, and should be submitted before the February 28, 2014 deadline.
Register before March 14 and save USD 200 off the regular registration fee.
partneringONE® is EBD Group’s sophisticated, web-based partnering system that enables event delegates to efficiently identify, meet and get partnerships started with companies across the life science value chain, from large biotech and pharma companies to financiers and innovative start-ups.
About ChinaBio ® LLC:
Since its founding in January, 2007, ChinaBio® LLC has rapidly created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped global life science companies identify over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and China companies raise over USD 450 million.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 4,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with global life science companies and China entrepreneurs to define and execute a successful global strategy.
- Capital: ChinaBio helps companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.