STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Fourth quarter summary
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period October–December totalled SEK 9,550 m (9,252), an increase of 3.2%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 3.8% during the period.
- Like-for-like sales increased by 1.5% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 340 m (258).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 337 m (250) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 257 m (229) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 4.79 (4.37).
- Axfood decided to combine all transport and warehouse operations into a single unit.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 15 per share (12).
- Axfood’s goal for 2014 is to exceed the level of profit in 2013.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys and Hemköp, comprising 252 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp and Willys chains as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com