IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASICS begins 2014 with the launch of a new integrated, multi-platform campaign highlighting the brand’s “Better Your Best” mantra through inspiration and continuous improvement. The 2014 campaign will have an even stronger and more powerful focus on how ASICS products and technologies help athletes across the board continue to improve in their sport. The year-long campaign contains a mix of TV and print advertisements, digital brand films, point of sale, event activation and online engagement to strengthen ASICS image as a True Sports Performance brand.
“ASICS was born from Kihachiro Onitsuka’s persistence and determination in crafting the perfect athletic shoe through innovation and continuous improvement, and that foundation still holds true today,” comments Kevin Wulff, CEO of ASICS America. “Athletes across the globe inspire us with their consistent drive, perseverance and competitive spirit, and through this campaign, we pledge to do just that for them, putting forth our efforts to create the best performing product for their sport.”
The athlete’s path to improvement is demanding, requiring stimulation and inspiration to keep them focused, as well as the best possible products to help them perform. ASICS’ approach to the campaign communication is twofold: deliver product leadership stories around key performance technology (GEL and Kayano 20) and fuel inspiration by activating sport communities (marathon, tennis, and triathlon). Key stories told within the campaign include the following advertisements, TV spots and platforms:
- GEL TV advertisement “Gotta Run” – A sport-obsessed athlete who simply can’t stop. He runs from sport to sport, from dawn to dusk, playing sports with passion in his various GEL equipped shoes. Thanks to GEL technology and innovation, ASICS continuously supports athletes of all sports by providing the best products for their needs.
- The GEL-Kayano® 20 campaign – A celebration of the legendary shoe that has helped runners improve and set new personal bests for 20 years.
- The Marathon Campaign – Reveals the unique passion and qualities shared by the select group of runners who have taken on the challenge of 26.2 miles. “We are Marathoners” is a print and film campaign that celebrates the special qualities, attributes and personalities of one of the world’s most selective groups.
- The Tennis Campaign “Advantage, You” – Highlights ASICS athletes Gael Monfils and Samantha Stosur to amplify how tennis has become more demanding and that constant improvement to be the best requires extraordinary athleticism. Key tennis footwear is highlighted within the campaign, including the GEL-Resolution® 5, which offers high stability and good fit for a powerful open stance and flying jump stroke style.
- Triathlon Video – Featuring 2012 Ironman World Champion Pete Jacobs and his wife Jaimi on location at their Noosa home, the video uncovers the insights and behaviors of a competitive triathlete as a way to demonstrate their unparalleled commitment while celebrating their unique passion.
International brand agency 180 Amsterdam designed and developed this global brand campaign and ASICS America AOR VITRO will assist in expanding and customizing this campaign to the US market. The overall platform is set to launch the first week of February and will run throughout the year, including multi-channel product launches specific to the North American market. To learn more about the campaign, visit asicsamerica.com.
Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 60 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of performance athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.asics.com.