DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zc9lgr/the_revenue_drill) has announced the addition of the "The Revenue Drill - Squeezing the most out of 2G & 3G Networks" report to their offering.
Unfolding the new revenue opportunities around 2G/ 3G, strategies for maximising profits from mobile broadband opportunity, portfolio planning for growth via new revenue verticals, realistic and profitable strategies for harnessing VoIP and IP messaging uptake, latest trends in network management and pricing models, and much more...
- 2G still accounts for 70% of connections globally, however, 2G connections will continue to decline in the coming years with the growing penetration of smartphone and tablets, and users' migration to next-generation networks. Despite all these developments, total 2G and 3G connections will account for more than 80% of the total connections globally over the next 4-6 years with 2G accounting for around 35% connections.
- The survey revealed that majority of OTT players are in pressure to collaborate with MNOs/ ISPs to ensure QoS and believe that QoS can only be guaranteed by partnering with data providers.
- Smart mobile devices are slowly entering into the workplace and the trend has started impacting the industry in two ways. On the one hand, demand for data and mobility services is growing exponentially, and on the other hand it is also driving enterprises to replace computing devices or promote BYOD.
- The demand for smartphones is growing rapidly and it is going to make more than 50% of the total mobile phones shipped globally in 2013. The worldwide shipment for smartphones will reach 1.7 billion by 2018.
- The global LTE subscriber base reached 62 million in 2012, exhibiting a year-on-year growth of over 370%. With more number of LTE networks as well as rise in the number of LTE smartphones in the market, LTE subscriber base will grow at faster pace during the forecasted period (at a CAGR of 40% during 2013-2018) and will cross 1 billion by the end of 2018.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zc9lgr/the_revenue_drill
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.