ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--An international group of industry, policy, technology and financial leaders will join leading experts from IHS to convene the world’s preeminent energy conference, IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014, March 3-7 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
Keynote speakers at IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014 will include:
- John Watson, chairman & CEO, Chevron Corporation
- Paolo Scaroni, CEO, ENI
- Nizar Al-Adsani, chairman & managing director, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- Emilio Lozoya, CEO, Pemex
- Maria das Graças Silva Foster, CEO, Petrobras
- Joe Kaeser, president & CEO, Siemens AG
- Liu Zhenya, president & CEO, State Grid Corporation of China
- Christophe de Margerie, chairman & CEO, TOTAL S. A.
- Andrew Mackenzie, CEO, BHP Billiton
IHS Energy CERAWeek is recognized as a leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by IHS Vice Chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Daniel Yergin, IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014, Energy and the New Global Competition, will bring together more than 2,300 delegates and feature more than 220 distinguished speakers to examine the accelerating pace of change in energy markets, technologies and geopolitics amidst a rapidly evolving competitive landscape.
“We are very pleased to feature such a prestigious and diverse group of speakers at IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014,” Dr. Yergin said. “Energy is the new crucible for global competition for companies and for nations. It is redefining the landscape for economics, geopolitics and strategy. Such a rapidly changing landscape requires constant innovation and reinvention. IHS Energy CERAWeek is proud to provide a unique forum where leaders can explore the emerging challenges and risks for both producers and consumers and develop the strategies necessary for meeting the world’s growing energy needs.”
Additional IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014 Speakers Include:
(A complete list of speakers and full conference agenda are available at www.ceraweek.com)
- Nick Akins, chairman, president and CEO, American Electric Power
- Diezani Alison-Madueke, minister of petroleum resources and alternate president, OPEC, Nigeria
- Esperança Bias, minister of mineral resources, Mozambique
- Leonhard Birnbaum, member of the board of management – markets, services, E.ON
- Steve Bolze, president & CEO, GE Power and Water
- Sharon Burke, assistant secretary, operational energy planning and programs, U.S. Dept. of Defense
- Prabh Das, managing director & CEO, HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited
- Gregory Ebel, president and CEO, Spectra Energy
- Chris Finlayson, CEO, BG Group
- Russ Girling, president and CEO, TransCanada Corporation
- Andrés R. Gluski, president and CEO, The AES Corporation
- Lynn Good, president & CEO, Duke Energy
- Javier Gutiérrez Pemberthy, president, Ecopetrol
- Sumayya Hassan-Athmani, CEO, National Oil Company of Kenya
- Jim Hughes, CEO, First Solar
- Badar Khan, president & CEO, Direct Energy
- Bill Klesse, chairman of the board and CEO, Valero Energy Corporation
- Fred Krupp, president, Environmental Defense Fund
- Sam Laidlaw, CEO, Centrica PLC
- Doug Lawler, president, CEO, director, Chesapeake Energy
- Gina McCarthy, administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Sospeter Muhongo, minister of energy and minerals, Tanzania
- Irene Muloni, minister of energy and minerals development, Uganda
- Marvin Odum, president, Shell Oil Company
- Joe Oliver, minister natural resources, Canada
- Carlos Pascual, special envoy, international energy affairs, U.S. Dept. of State
- Alison Redford, premier, Alberta, Canada
- Adam Sieminski, administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire, chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- Takayuki Ueda, commissioner, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry of Japan (METI)
IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014 will be held March 3-7, 2014 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014 are required to apply for accreditation. Please send your name, organization, phone, email and organization Web site address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once IHS has confirmed your eligibility, you will receive additional instructions that will enable you to complete your registration online.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs approximately 8,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.