DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dvrn6j/handset) has announced the addition of the "Handset Connectivity Technologies Report 2013-2017 - 48% of Handsets in 2017 to Feature NFC" report to their offering.
When will NFC become mainstream in mass-market handsets? Berg Insight forecasts that 48 percent of mobile handsets sold in 2017 will feature NFC. In the same year, the attach rates for Bluetooth, GPS and WLAN are forecasted to be 90, 73 and 74 percent respectively. Find out more about these future handset connectivity technologies in this 150 page strategic research report from Berg Insight.
Handset Connectivity Technologies is the fourth consecutive report from Berg Insight analysing the latest trends on the worldwide market for GNSS, Bluetooth, WLAN and NFC technologies in mobile handsets.
- Benefit from numerous executive interviews with market leading companies.
- Learn about the strategies of the leading chipset and handset vendors.
- Gain access to the latest data and statistics about handset shipments.
- Identify the opportunities and challenges with integration of multiple connectivity technologies in mobile handsets.
- Realize the importance of Assisted-GNSS and hybrid location technologies.
- Comprehend how NFC technology in handsets can enable new services.
- Understand the drivers and barriers for industry-wide adoption of new technology.
- Predict future connectivity design trends and technology developments.
This report answers the following questions:
- What is the current state of NFC adoption in the handset market?
- What is the roadmap for integration of new WLAN standards in mobile phones?
- What is driving the adoption of GPS technology in GSM/WCDMA handsets?
- What are the benefits with Assisted-GPS, A-GNSS and hybrid location technologies?
- Which features are supported in the latest Bluetooth standard?
- Who are the leading developers of cellular and connectivity chipsets?
- Which connectivity technologies are being adopted by leading handset vendors?
- What impact will new technologies have on the wireless chipset value chain?
- How is the greater diversity of radios affecting wireless chipset and handset design?
Who should buy this report?
Handset Connectivity Technologies is the foremost source of information about this market. Whether you are a telecom vendor, mobile operator, manufacturer, investor, consultant, application developer or government agency, you will gain valuable insights from our in-depth research.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Mobile handsets and smartphones
1.2 Wireless communication technologies
1.3 Wireless broadcast technologies
1.4 Mobile handset trends
2 Handset hardware platforms
2.1 Overview of handset hardware platforms
2.2 The handset chipset industry
2.3 Cellular platform vendor profiles
3 GNSS technologies
3.1 Overview of global navigation satellite systems
3.2 Mobile location technologies and platforms
3.3 GPS and GNSS chipsets for handsets
3.4 GNSS chipset vendors
4 Connectivity technologies
4.1 Bluetooth technologies
4.2 Wireless LAN technologies
4.3 Near Field Communication technologies
4.4 Wireless charging technologies
4.5 Connectivity chipset vendor profiles
4.6. Inside Secure
5 The global handset market
5.1 Handset market trends
5.2 Handset vendor profiles
6 Market trends and forecasts
6.1 Market trends
6.2 Handset shipment forecasts .
6.3 Connectivity chipset shipments and revenue forecasts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dvrn6j/handset