DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s63xcg/diabetes_app) has announced the addition of the "Diabetes App Market Report 2014" report to their offering.
The Diabetes App Market Report 2014 is a comprehensive analysis about the performance of diabetes apps, key players, best practises, country markets, regulatory impact, market trends and revenues from 2008 - 2018.
Diabetes has become a global epidemic with significant impact on society and the economy. In 2013 around 382M people around the world were estimated to suffer from diabetes. Mobile applications promise to play an invaluable role in assisting people who suffer from diabetes to empower them to better manage their condition and as a consequence reduce health care costs.
Mobile apps can aid in the daily management of diabetes by supporting behaviour changes, facilitating communication and easing the hassle of keeping track of all relevant parameters that have an influence on the disease.
Currently there are more than 1.100 iOS and Android apps listed on the Apple App Store and Google Play that are specifically designed for diabetics and healthcare professionals to treat diabetics.
The report examines in detail the initial years of the app market (2008-2013) and provides an outlook of the next phase (2014-2018).
The report includes:
- Analysis and categorization of 1.100 diabetes apps
- Description of 6 best practice elements that constitutes a successful diabetes app
- Detailed market analysis of the last 5 years (2008-2013) including size of the addressable market, downloads, business model and platform market share, app and in-app-purchase price development, market revenue total and by revenue sources
- Profiles of top 14 diabetes app publishers that represent 65% of market share including diabetes app portfolio description and its performance
- Top 10 country profiles that represent the biggest local markets for diabetes apps including accumulated market downloads and active users per platform
Choose the company license to also receive a PowerPoint package of all charts used in the report.
The report is based on a detailed data set of 1.100 diabetes apps available for the iOS and Android operating system in 27 countries.
More than 30 interviews with physicians, diabetics, app developers and publishers have been conducted to discuss the current status of the market as well as future trends.
In addition, more than 20 mHealth app communities have been investigated to include feedback from diabetes app users. The most representative feedback from the interviews and community investigation are included in the report.
Key Topics Covered:
Scope of the report
The need for innovative mobile apps supporting diabetes patients
The promises of mobile apps for diabetes care
Categorization of diabetes apps
Regulation for diabetes apps
Current status of the diabetes app market
Diabetes app market country statistics
Leading diabetes app players, apps and market share
Outlook: The next five years until 2018
- Azumio Inc.
- BHI Technologies Inc.
- Distal Thoughts
- Everyday Health Inc.
- Maxwell Software
- Medisana AG
- Medtronic Inc.
- Taconic System LLC AgaMatrix
- Tactio Health Group Inc. TactioHealth
- Telcare Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s63xcg/diabetes_app
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.