DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hlb6wl/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of the "2014 Report on the US Multiple Sclerosis Industry" report to their offering.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic, inflammatory neurological disorder characterized pathologically by demyelination, axonal transection and neurodegeneration within the central nervous system. With curative therapy still elusive, current disease management is dependent on life-long pharmacotherapy with disease-modifying therapies (DMT). The dominance of first-line injectable DMTs, including the interferon beta (IFNß) agents: Bayer's Betaseron/Betaferon (IFNß-1b), Biogen's Avonex (IFNß-1a) and Merck's Rebif (IFNß-1a), and Teva's Copaxone (glatiramer acetate), has been a salient feature of the MS therapeutics market.
However, the competitive landscape is undergoing significant change with the emergence of oral therapies, several pipeline products with notable efficacies, and looming generics/biosimilars following the patent expiries of key branded products during the forecast period. In addition, the entry of new companies such as Sanofi/Genzyme and F. Hoffmann-La-Roche/Genentech will challenge the position of the established players in the MS marketplace.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Multiple Sclerosis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in the US
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
5 Competitive Assessment
6 Opportunity and Unmet Need
7 Pipeline Assessment
8 Market Outlook
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hlb6wl/pharmapoint
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.