BALTIMORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ZeroFOX, a company that stands uniquely at the intersection of social media and cyber security (formerly Riskive), today is announcing the creation of Operation CyberProtect, an initiative aimed at giving back to the community by providing free cyber security protection for non-profit organizations. With ZeroFOX, non-profit organizations can implement military-grade protection against hackers and sophisticated viruses—on any device, system or social network.
Driven by a world-class board of advisors and directors that include renowned academic, government and enterprise-security experts, ZeroFOX secured $2.2M in funding from Genacast Ventures (a fund in partnership with Comcast Ventures) and Core Capital early in 2013. The company is focused on establishing a culture of giving back to the community as it grows: the Operation CyberProtect non-profit program is the first of several planned community initiatives in the near future.
Traditional security solutions are failing: 95% of businesses have already been compromised; agent based and signature driven antivirus detect less than 19% of threats; and even next-generation perimeter defenses are rendered helpless given the rise of social networking, mobile devices, and distributed workforces. Every company - including non-profits - is vulnerable. ZeroFOX is committed to making an impact even at those organizations who may be experiencing difficult times or have inadequate resources to address the mounting security challenge.
“We are extremely excited to announce Operation CyberProtect to help secure non-profit organizations around the world,” said ZeroFOX CEO James C. Foster. “These organizations make a real impact to the communities and individuals that they serve. The status quo is unacceptable and the rising cost of security and IT for these organizations is minimizing their ability to fulfill their mission. We are here to make a difference and Operation CyberProtect is our way to serve the community.”
The ZeroFOX Protection Cloud provides organizations with the ability to identify, respond, and prevent attacks before they occur. Key features of the Protection Cloud include:
- Ability to stop advanced attacks, social-based cyber threats, SPAM, malware and virus infections regardless of the device you are using without having to rely on antivirus updates and scans.
- State-of-the-art predictive analytics that use more than 100 million next-generation sensors to provide real-time alerts;
- Advanced big-data algorithms to automatically block and quarantine attacks in the cloud before they reach networks, systems and mobile devices;
- Real-time stream of decisive, easily digestible and actionable insights into the threat landscape;
- Comprehensive protection for laptops, smartphones, servers, tablets and anything else with an IP address;
- Integrating ZeroFOX into an existing solution or use it as a complete, standalone platform with customized dashboards and reporting capabilities.
Your organization must submit documentation proving its non-profit status as well as provide a letter of good standing from their appropriate jurisdiction.
ZeroFOX stands uniquely at the intersection of social media and cyber security, enabling organizations of all sizes to identify and prevent risk across the connected enterprise. Leveraging a patented enterprise security technology platform, ZeroFOX identifies malicious actors, threats and targeted attacks against your organization, providing proactive actionable social threat intelligence in advance of any network compromise. ZeroFOX is headquartered in Baltimore, MD and enables social visibility and defense for both enterprise and government clients. Please visit http://www.zerofox.com.