CARLSBAD, Calif. & NEW YORK & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The sixth annual Biotech Showcase™ investor conference wrapped up last week in San Francisco with record attendance. The event, every January at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco - Union Square, is an investment weathervane for the biotech industry.
"There was clearly significant momentum behind the conference this year. The event benefited from the up market for life sciences companies, fueled by solid fundamentals and the return of generalist investors. The companies that went public in 2013 have continued to perform well—a good indicator for this industry," said Sara Jane Demy, Principle at Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors, and co-organizer of the event.
“The main attraction at Biotech Showcase, and the reason behind its continued growth year after year, is the small companies,” said Florian Schoenhammer, Group Managing Director at EBD Group, co-organizer of the event. “Small companies are most often the source of the important discoveries behind the most compelling drugs, and Biotech Showcase plays a critical role in helping great science be discovered and advanced through partnerships.”
Biotech Showcase 2014 highlights include:
- Corporate presentations by 242 public and private biotech and life science companies;
- The stage of development of the assets of the Class of 2014 included Phase III (10%), Phase II (35%), Phase I (15%), with 14% approved and marketed, and the balance of assets were pre-clinical;
- More than 1,700 delegates from 1,100 companies attended;
- 3,700 one-to-one investor and partnering meetings were scheduled through partneringONE®.
“The growth in the Biotech Showcase is not surprising. The event has filled an important need. It has become the home for the industry’s most innovative companies each new year,” said Ben Bonifant, Partner at Triangle Insights Group. Bonifant moderated the lunch panel “How do you define value?” with industry stakeholders on the third day of the event.
Biotech Showcase is powered by partneringONE®, the industry’s most advanced partnering system that enables delegates to efficiently identify and arrange meetings with potential investors and partners.
View program panels on partnering360:Insight.
About Biotech Showcase™ 2014:
Biotech Showcase™ is an investor and partnering conference devoted to providing private and small- and mid-cap biotechnology companies an opportunity to present to and meet with investors and biopharmaceutical executives during the course of one of the largest annual healthcare conferences that attracts investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world.
Follow Biotech Showcase 2014 on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup (hashtag: #BTS14)
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
About Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors is focused exclusively on facilitating the growth of the life science industry. Demy-Colton has developed a number of high-value added conferences to address the business and development needs of the biotechnology industry; it provides partnering services and it has helped launch a unique investor website and newsletter.
Demy-Colton's conferences include:
- US-Japan Health Sciences Dialogue: the only US-based business development conference focused on issues that influence the growth of the Japanese and western biopharmaceutical industry.
- Life Sciences Summit: a translational science partnering meeting focused on oncology, neurology, infectious disease and regenerative medicine that brings together academic innovators, biopharma executives and funders.
- Biotech Showcase™: an investor conference featuring public and private biotechnology and life sciences companies, which takes place annually in San Francisco during the week of the largest healthcare investor conference. This event is co-produced with EBD Group.
Demy-Colton's online partnering systems, Networking2 and Networking2Team support Demy-Colton's events and facilitates investor and venture meetings for the pharma industry and partnering for other organizations.
Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors has also been involved in the launch and development of The Life Sciences Report, a unique investor newsletter where third party experts share their opinions on investment opportunities. To subscribe to this free newsletter, click here. To become a sponsor, please contact Sara Jane Demy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit www.demy-colton.com