DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/326xrt/demand_for_home) has announced the addition of the "Demand for Home Media Gateway Set-Top Boxes on the Upswing" report to their offering.
Shipments of Home Media Gateway Products to Surpass 24 Million in 2017; Headed Gateways Dominate Early Deployments
A new type of set-top box is appearing in the homes of some pay-TV subscribers. This box, called a home media gateway, supports advanced features such as multi-room personal video recording, streaming IP video, and multi-screen video service (commonly called TV Everywhere).
Some home media gateway products are already well-known. The Hopper by DISH, Comcast's X1, and Liberty Global's Horizon have all received widespread attention. However, other products, such the Freebox Revolution and the ARRIS Moxi Gateway, are also widely being deployed.
This report covers the market for home media gateway set-top box products, with special emphasis on product manufacturers, pay-TV service provider deployments, and market development trends. It specifically focuses on deployments of first-generation home media gateway products and discusses expected product deployments over the next year. It also provides global unit shipment and product revenues forecasts for home media gateway products.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Overview: Home Media Gateways
- So What Exactly Is a Home Media Gateway?
- The Home Media Gateway
3. Market Drivers and Challenges
- The Changing Competitive Environment of the Global Pay-TV Industry
- The Need for Pay-TV Service Providers to Support IP Video.
- The Need for Pay-TV Service Providers to Support Multi-room PVR Service.
- The Attractive Profit Margins of Home Media Gateway Products
- Increasing Interest in Cloud-Based TV Services
- Resources Needed for Product Installation.
- Potential Ecosystem Complexity
- Price of the Home Media Gateway
4. Home Media Gateway Products
- Cisco Systems
- DISH Network.
5. Forecasts: Home Media Gateway Products
- Unit Shipments
- Global Unit Shipments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/326xrt/demand_for_home