SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong today announced the launch of NANTOMICS, the first fully integrated next generation Genomic and Proteomic Molecular Diagnostic Company dedicated to providing actionable intelligence and molecularly driven decision support for cancer patients and their providers at point of care. NantOmics is the first and only molecular diagnostics company to pioneer an integrated approach identifying the genomic and proteomic variances that initiate and drive disease to provide actionable and personalized solutions for practitioners and patients. Insights of personalized molecular drivers of cancer are thus derived not just from DNA alterations alone, but integrated to true cellular pathway levels. NantOmics is the only molecular diagnostic company offering such comprehensive tumor profiling from the nucleotide to the peptide using the same tumor cells.
The company operates through integrated segments to holistically profile the molecular basis of disease (from tissue to DNA to RNA to protein to drug):
1. Genomics: Cloud-based whole genome analysis with computation of genomic variances in near real-time between normal germline and tumor tissue from the same patient:
- Transporter™: The only platform software that integrates into sequencing Instruments at point of care to securely transfer unassembled data (Big Data) from the sequencing instrument to the cloud. High speed transfer client that encrypts (using military-grade algorithms) and streams sequencing data at unprecedented speeds (10 Gb/sec) to the NantOmics analytic supercomputers.
- Contraster™: Proprietary genomic analyses to rapidly discover variants in a patient’s raw genomics data. Identify germline and somatic variants and compare to robust proprietary database of disease-associated genes to rank alterations with highest clinical relevance. Highly scalable with throughput of 1 exome/47 sec. Results available to users through web-based NantOmics Cancer Genome Browser™, enabling deep exploration of patient’s tumor.
2. Predictive Proteomics and Protein Pathway analysis: largest curated protein pathway database linking DNA to RNA to protein expression. Paradigm™: A proprietary algorithm integrates DNA sequencing data from Contraster with RNA sequencing data to identify the alterations in cellular signaling behavior that are driving disease progression. Uses NantOmics’ curated library of all known signaling pathways and all drugs / drug targets irrespective of indication to predict effectiveness of personalized therapies / points of resistance.
3. Proteomics: Quantitative, multi-plexed protein expression analysis from the same micro-dissected tumor sample used for genomics analysis.
NantOmics has a highly scalable cloud-based super-computing and storage infrastructure capable of transporting, storing and processing thousands of genomes a day, computing genomic variances in near real-time, and conducting quantitative multi-plexed protein expression analysis in CLIA approved facilities, from the same micro-dissected tumor sample used for the genomic analysis. To date over 16,000 cancers and germline genomes have been analyzed, including over 600 whole cancer genomes, across more than 20 solid tumor types in more hen 6,000 unique patients from samples derived across the entire nation including the full database of The Cancer Genome Atlas.
The company's tests for solid tumors delivers comprehensive, clinically actionable, and patient-specific information identifying variances and protein expression, and are matched to a list of optimal treatment options in an easy to use web based report. The product, the NantOmics report, offers practicing oncologists a valuable tool to provide precise 21st century treatment at point of care.
In addition, by linking the patients compressive data from DNA, to RNA, to protein expression and targeted quantitative protein levels at the cellular level, to FDA approved drugs or drugs in all phases of clinical trials, NantOmics provides a path to next generation drug development for the pharmaceutical industry.
NantOmics LLC, is a leading medical diagnostic company dedicated to providing actionable intelligence and molecularly driven decision support for cancer patients and their providers at point of care. NantOmics is the first molecular diagnostics company to pioneer an integrated approach which unearths the genomic and proteomic variances that initiate and drive cancer, by analyzing both normal and tumor cells from the same patient, from DNA to RNA to protein to drug. NantOmics has a highly scalable cloud-based infrastructure capable of storing and processing thousands of genomes a day, computation of genomic variances in near real-time, and quantitative multi-plexed protein expression analysis from the same micro-dissected tumor sample used for genomic analysis. For more information please visit www.nantomics.com.