DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8pt4ks/peertopeer) has announced the addition of the "Peer-to-Peer Lending: Market insight report" report to their offering.
This report reviews the peer-to-peer lending market. It quantifies the scale of lending, historical growth rates, default rates and returns offered to savers while reviewing key factors behind these figures, looking at the UK and internationally.
It also carries out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of peer-to-peer lending growth - including wider trends in banking and lending, other peer-to-peer trends and the regulatory environment. The view of the outlook for the industry presented in the report is based on this analysis of historical trends and drivers.
Peer-to-peer lending is an important and high-profile trend in the banking sector. In just a few years, platforms have emerged which have facilitated hundreds of millions of pounds, made mainly by consumers to other consumers and to small businesses.
The industry is frequently mentioned in the press with comments having particular focus on:
- The level of returns which it offers to savers, which are generally far higher than those from conventional banks
- The degree of risk that savers are incurring to obtain these returns and, in particular, the risk that returns may be impaired by future widespread default.
This report explores the background to these and other issues, exploring what has happened in the industry to key metrics such as levels of lending, returns and default rates, and the factors which lie behind trends.
It also examines the different business models of the main platforms, their target segments and performance and sets out our views on how we believe the peer-to-peer lending market could develop in future.
Who Should Buy This Report
- Peer-to-peer lending platforms
- Investors in those platforms
- Advisors including consulting firms, investment banks, lawyers and accountants
- Banks and other parties operating savings accounts and consumer / small business loans.
- Industry regulators and policymakers
Key Topics Covered
Peer-to-Peer Lending Overview
- Description of peer-to-peer lending
- Customer proposition: savers / lenders
- Customer proposition: consumer borrowers
- Customer proposition: small business borrowers
- Business models
- Shift from marketplace to structured savings product model
Peer-to-peer lending market size and growth
Peer-to-peer lending market drivers
- Decreasing bad debt rates
- Peer-to-peer lending market conditions
- Use of wholesale funds
- Awareness and marketing efforts of platforms
- Tax treatment
- More new entrants and niche focus
Leading Peer-to-peer lenders
- Drivers of future growth
- Peer-to-peer lending market growth forecasts
- Risks: fall in the rates offered to savers
- Risks: widespread default leading to poor returns
- Response and role of conventional banks
- Opportunities for existing platforms and new entrants
Appendix - Peer-to-peer lending market definitions and abbreviations
- Assetz Capital
- Funding Circle
- Funding Secure
- Lending Club
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Mayfair Bridging
- Pret d'Union
- Prosper Loans Marketplace
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8pt4ks/peertopeer
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.