ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carestream Health was awarded 64 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2013 for innovations in radiology imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas, reflecting another successful year in developing advanced technology across its global businesses.
Highlights of the new patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- Innovations in Carestream’s growing portfolio of wireless digital X-ray detectors that can enhance medical image quality while helping improve patient care for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New software enhancements for Carestream’s Vue PACS that provide flexible, cost-effective review, management, distribution and archiving of medical images to help optimize treatment decisions;
- Advancements in dental imaging, dental image processing and software, and new dental restoration systems;
- New technology in intraoral (within the mouth) optical camera systems and dental radiography sensors;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features from Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films applying innovative silver nanowire technology that allows for exceptional conductance and superior optical performance on a flexible surface. These films enable a new generation of flexible touch panel displays for a variety of products such as digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
“The investment by Carestream in intellectual property is a reflection of our commitment to delivering high-quality products and solutions to our customers that exceed their expectations,” said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel for Carestream. “The increase in U.S. patents over last year illustrates the depth of talent and dedication of our technical team.”
Carestream was also awarded 33 patents from countries outside the U.S., including Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong, and from several countries in Europe as well.
The company’s product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and specialty areas such as women’s health, orthopaedics and pediatrics; digital imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals and medical group practices. The company’s Dental division develops and markets film and digital imaging solutions, anesthetics and practice management software.
Carestream Advanced Materials—a new business unit of Carestream—is a high-quality developer of transparent conductive films based on silver nanowire technology, with research and development facilities and distribution centers throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In 2012, Carestream was awarded 43 patents for innovations from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
About Carestream Health
Carestream is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and IT solutions; X-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets—all backed by a global service and support network. For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream representative or call 888-777-2072, or visit www.carestream.com
To view Carestream’s latest news announcements, please visit www.carestream.com\news.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.
Follow Carestream Health online: