TUCSON, Ariz. & NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Healthways (NASDAQ: HWAY), the global well-being improvement leader, and Southern Arizona’s Carondelet Health Network have entered into a three-year agreement to bring well-being improvement solutions to the 2,900 associates who carry Carondelet’s health coverage and their family members. Beginning in March 2014, Carondelet will implement a broad range of well-being initiatives designed by Healthways to help reinforce healthy behaviors, reduce health risks, decrease healthcare costs, and enhance the quality of life for these associates and their dependents.
Carondelet is a leading healthcare system in Southern Arizona and part of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic healthcare system. In February 2013, Carondelet and Healthways began working together to evaluate opportunities to address total population health in the Tucson market. The introduction and implementation of these proactive, proven well-being improvement solutions to Carondelet’s associates represent the next step in the collaboration between the two organizations.
According to Jim Beckmann, Carondelet’s president and chief executive officer, “Offering Healthways solutions to our own associates is a first step in understanding how well they can work and what impact they can have on people on a very personal level. As we move to offer the services more broadly to the Tucson market, our associates will have their own successes to draw from as they encourage others on their health and well-being improvement journeys.”
Carondelet will implement Healthways’ Well-Being Improvement Solution, a comprehensive set of interventions that provide support across the spectrum from online self-directed tools to intensive multi-modality lifestyle change programs. These solutions include:
- Gallup-Healthways Well-Being 5™, a scientific survey and an engaging reporting experience used to help individuals measure their well-being and track their progress with well-being improvement activities. For organizations, insights into the well-being of their populations help to pinpoint the intervention activities that will have the greatest impact.
- Well-Being Connect® (and the mobile version, wellbeingGO®), a web-based behavior change application that encompasses a wide range of tips, tools and techniques that help address lifestyle risks such as smoking, depression, excess weight and stress.
- Daily Challenge®, an evidence-based social well-being intervention integrating behavior change and social networking science with gaming principles to drive engagement and meaningful individual behavior change.
- Health Risk Coaching, personalized services to help individuals understand and mitigate their lifestyle risks.
- QuitNet®, an intensive, integrated, multi-modal tobacco cessation solution.
- Innergy®, a program developed in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Medicine for individuals with a BMI of 30 or more who are ready to commit to the lifestyle changes required for sustained weight loss.
- High-Risk Cost Avoidance, a proactive approach to chronic condition management that helps predict and prevent avoidable high-cost health events.
“Healthways has served as a ‘living lab’ for our solutions for years. We understand how important it is to create an internal culture of well-being that supports the delivery of well-being improvement solutions. Foremost, our colleagues benefit personally from these programs, while organizationally we benefit from performance gains and lower healthcare costs,” noted Ben R. Leedle, Jr., Healthways president and chief executive officer.
“However, we also believe there is strong competitive advantage in the approach that Carondelet, like Healthways, has taken, which is to make experience with the programs a critical success factor when it comes to delivering these programs to others. We look forward to an ongoing, comprehensive and very strategic relationship with Carondelet as it proceeds down the path of creating the leading population health management model in the region.”
Healthways is the largest independent global provider of well-being improvement solutions. Dedicated to creating a healthier world one person at a time, the Company uses the science of behavior change to produce and measure positive change in well-being for our customers, which include employers, integrated health systems, hospitals, physicians, health plans, communities, and government entities. We provide highly specific and personalized support for each individual and their team of experts to optimize each participant’s health and productivity and to reduce health-related costs. Results are achieved by addressing longitudinal health risks and care needs of everyone in a given population. The Company has scaled its proprietary technology infrastructure and delivery capabilities developed over 30 years and now serves approximately 45 million people on four continents. Learn more at www.healthways.com.