LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FreeCast, the content discovery and management engine behind Rabbit TV, today announced its newest product offering dubbed ‘Rabbit TV Select’, set to be a game changer in set top box market.
This new over-the-top product will allow consumers to easily watch high-grade internet TV, check emails, make video calls, and operate their home's security, all from the same location.
About the size of a hockey puck, the Rabbit TV Select device connects to any flat panel TV with an HDMI input, turning it into a complete quad-core PC – what FreeCast calls ‘The Smartest TV Ever’. The device also communicates with tablets and mobile devices for a seamless experience.
The entertainment features of the device are powered by FreeCast’s Rabbit TV Network, the world’s largest Video-On-Demand (VOD) library in the market today, along with Rabbit TV’s pay-per-view offering, which provides users universal access to new release movie rentals, premium TV series and live 24/7 sports channels. The device also functions as a complete gaming system with thousands of online games (3D&HD).
In addition to providing a complete entertainment ecosystem, Rabbit TV Select will also include the following features:
- Multi-email account management
- Skype video/audio calls worldwide
- Apps manager for Facebook, Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and many more
- Live security monitoring, including video capture streams to TV, PC and mobile.
- Latest in home automation software for managing appliances, lighting and media directly from device remote or mobile device.
- Mobile HDD and/or cloud storage for music, video, and photos.
“Rabbit TV Select is so much more than the traditional ‘app media manager’ you get with products like Roku or Apple TV. This standalone device performs all the jobs of a PC, music player, cable box, phone, home security system, game console and more from one central location. It’s simply in a class of its own,” says FreeCast CEO William Mobley.
FreeCast revealed the device specifications to be as follows:
- Quad-Core 1.6 GHZ CPU Processor
- WiFi 802.11 and Network Cable Ready
- DNLA Wireless Casting with Tablets and Mobile Devices
- Easy HDMI Cable Connectivity to TV
- Micro SD Card Storage
“With hundreds of millions of flat-panel TVs in the market, most of which are only 2-3 years old with a 7-10 year life cycle, this device is poised to give owners a $100 alternative to spending $2k+ for a smart TV, most of which are no more than a simple app manager,” argues Mobley.
The company has confirmed a $99 base price for Rabbit TV Select, which will include the device remote a one-year subscription to Rabbit TV Plus. Additional upgrades and options to be available by mid-2014.
FreeCast will be exhibiting at CES 2014 in LVH Hospitality Suite 371.
Company - http://freecast.com
Network – http://rabbittvgo.com