LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--INTERNATIONAL CES – Weighing in at 6.4 ounces and standing a mere 4.2 inches tall, D-Link today welcomes its newest IP network cloud camera family member to the world, the D-Link® Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L). The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera is the most versatile baby monitoring solution available on the market today, providing at-home and remote monitoring using a smartphone or tablet device and the new free mydlink™ Baby Mobile app and service. Allowing new moms and dads to keep an eye on their new little bundle of joys from just about anywhere with a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection, the Wi-Fi Baby Camera features HD video, integrated motion and sound detection, temperature sensing, instant push alerts, night-vision technology, integrated lullabies, and video recording.
“The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera is one of the most cost-effective, full-featured baby monitoring solutions available today,” said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “No other baby monitor offers the flexibility, ease of setup and use with a comprehensive set of features for watching and monitoring your little one. With our free mydlink™ Baby Mobile app and advanced features like two-way audio and motion and sound detection, parents can enjoy the peace of mind of feeling more connected whether they are in the next room or away from home.”
Unlike traditional baby monitoring solutions, the D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera allows parents and caregivers to use a smartphone or tablet as a baby monitor via the mydlink Baby Mobile app and easily add additional cameras to monitor different rooms. Parents can keep a close watch on babies from anywhere with a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection and share the camera feed with grandparents and babysitters. In addition, the Wi-Fi Baby Camera can be used even when there is no available Internet connection – connect a mobile device to the Wi-Fi Baby Camera’s wireless network for instant local monitoring. The Baby Mobile App also enables parents and grandparents to take snapshots and videos straight from a mobile device to create keepsakes of moments they didn’t see in person.
Designed for parents keeping an eye on what matters most, the Wi-Fi Baby Camera offers 720p HD resolution and automatic Night Vision with infrared LEDs to see what’s going on both day and night. The camera also features motion, sound and temperature sensing technology that can trigger instant push alerts to notify parents if something is amiss and a microSD card for auto-recording to ensure no details or special moments are overlooked.
The Wi-Fi Baby Camera offers a full set of easy-to-use features and capabilities for watching and monitoring baby, including:
- HD Resolution/Pinch-Zoom– Provides rich detail and high image quality; pinch and zoom capabilities to see things up close
- Mobile App Support – Three easy steps to set up the camera and then enjoy local or remote monitoring of your baby on a mobile devices with the free mydlink Baby Mobile app
- Micro SD Card Slot – Automatically records video on microSD card when motion or sound is detected; replay recorded video clips to see what baby is up to
- Record Video Clips – The mydlink Baby Monitor app allows you to take snapshots or video clips and save directly to your mobile device for viewing and sharing
- Night Vision – See your baby up to 15 feet away in the dark; night mode switches on and off automatically, or adjust it manually
- Micro USB Power Input – Ideal for traveling and on-the-go monitoring, the baby camera can be powered by an external battery pack (not included)
- Temperature Sensor and LED – Temperature display available on the Baby Mobile app; receive push alerts when temperature levels are outside the set range
- Instant Push Alerts – Receive push notifications anytime noise or motion is detected
- Sound/Motion Detection – Sound/motion sensor triggers push alerts or recording
- Lullabies – Five pre-recorded lullabies to help soothe child
- mydlink Service – Remotely watch your baby on your mobile device via 3G, Wi-Fi, or 4G LTE when you’re at home or on the go
- Color Coordinated – Apply pink or blue rings to personalize camera for baby’s room
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L) will be displayed at the 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas and will be available in January for $179.99 throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com/babymonitor.
CES Innovations 2013 Design & Engineering Awards
The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L) is an International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link, the D-Link logo, , and mydlink are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014 D-Link. All Rights Reserved
Use of audio or video equipment for recording the image of a person without their knowledge and consent is prohibited in certain states or jurisdictions. The end-user assumes all liability for compliance with applicable state, local and federal laws.