LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--D-Link today introduced the world’s first portable 11AC router and charger, bringing advanced networking performance and convenience to mobile users. The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) offers frequent travelers and mobile users fast speeds and advanced performance, easily turning any connection into a fast 11AC Wi-Fi hotspot to share files, stream media and browse the Internet. For added mobile convenience, the built-in, high-capacity, rechargeable battery allows users to simultaneously charge mobile devices while on-the-go.
The DIR-510L incorporates the latest Wireless AC750 technology for high performance range and data transfer to and from compatible Wi-Fi devices. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the router can deliver a total of 750 Mbps using the combined bandwidth of its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. In addition, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, providing the ability to customize a network according to connectivity needs and even configuring a guest zone to provide Internet access to visitors without providing access to the rest of a network.
“Today’s increasingly mobile lifestyles demand frequent use of Wi-Fi hotspots and the need to share 3G/4G internet connections with others,” said Ken Loyd, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “As more and more mobile devices integrate 11AC Wi-Fi, the DIR-510L fast dual band portable router delivers the ultimate in ease-of-use, performance and mobility by leveraging a wired Ethernet or wireless connection to create a powerful and secure Wi-Fi hotspot, all while charging your device.”
Using the mydlink™ SharePort® app for mobile devices, on-the-go users can upload, download and stream multimedia and documents to and from a USB drive attached to a DIR-510L, from anywhere in the world. By downloading the app, registering for a free mydlink account, and connecting to the DIR-510L, users can start streaming media files with friends and family via Internet access.
More About the DIR-510L
The DIR-510L delivers several advanced product features for mobile users to easily connect, share and charge on-the-go, including:
- High-Capacity Battery – Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
- Two USB Ports – Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE modem connection; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
- mydlink SharePort – Stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
- Easy Setup – Automatically detects connection type – broadband router, mobile router, hotspot – for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connected automatically
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Built-in DLNA Server – Stream multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs1
Availability and Pricing
The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) will be displayed at the 2014 International CES, Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas and will be available in January 2014 for $99.99 throughout D-Link’s vast network of e-tail partners. Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com/DIR-510L.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
# # #
D-Link, the D-Link logo, mydlink, and SharePort are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014. D-Link. All Rights Reserved
1 Available in a future update