DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3wv55z/global_trends_in) has announced the addition of the "Global Trends in Video-on-Demand Technology" report to their offering.
With rising demand for video-on-demand (VOD) content on multiple devices and made accessible at any time, the VOD industry has grown exponentially in the last 3 years. This market insight covers emerging global trends in this industry. It measures VOD content by number of subscribers and titles streamed, and it is further segmented by the different media that Paid VOD is offered through, including cable, Internet Protocol television (IPTV), satellite, and the Internet. The study also includes segmentations by encoding format.
The base year is 2012, and the study period is from 2012 to 2018.
- This market insight covers global video-on-demand (VOD) trends, providing in-depth analyses by number of subscribers and by number of titles steamed for the cable, Internet Protocol television (IPTV), direct-to-home (DTH)/satellite, and Internet service segments.
- The VOD market is driven primarily by growing demand to view movies and television (TV) shows at a time convenient for the viewer rather than during the scheduled broadcast time. It is further, and more emphatically, driven by the growing demand to view desired video content at any time and on devices other than televisions, such personal computers (PCs), mobile phones, and tablets.
- This market insight provides forecasts for subscriber growth and increases in the number of titles streamed for each service segment. Furthermore, it provides market shares by subscribers for the total VOD market as well as for each individual service segments.
- In terms of subscribers, cable was found to be the greatest contributor to revenue. In terms of titles, the Internet segment was the largest contributor.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. VOD Market Overview
3. Cable Segment
4. IPTV Segment
5. DTH/Satellite Segment
6. Internet Segment
7. The Last Word
8. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- Orange TV
- Virgin Media
- the Time Warner Company (TWC)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3wv55z/global_trends_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.