LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today December’s Guest Editor: Christina Applegate. Aside from her main role as a mother, the Anchorman 2 actress is also the creative partner for FabKids—a children’s apparel brand that offers monthly services of high-quality, stylish pieces at affordable prices. During the holiday month, Christina shares insights with the Momtastic community on being a first-time mother, working actress, and businesswoman. Christina joins a distinguished list of guest editors from Momtastic, including Jaime Pressly, Kristin Davis, and Tia Mowry.
“Becoming a mother has been an amazing and life changing event, but it’s also important for me to find ways to balance parenthood with my other life passions,” said Applegate. “I like trading stories with other moms, and the Momtastic community is the perfect sounding board for all mothers to come together and voice their experiences.”
Noteworthy quotes from Christina’s Momtastic blogs:
From ‘Christina Fills Us In’
- “The people I truly admire are: single parents.”
- “The best character trait my daughter has inherited from me: her sense of humor.”
- “Being on the red carpet is: un-nerving. Flash bulbs are a bit blinding. It's a very strange feeling.”
- “My weirdest pregnancy craving was: when I had morning sickness, the only thing that I could eat was mac and cheese, even at 8AM!”
- “The coolest thing about raising a girl is: putting on a twirly skirt can make her whole day.”
From ‘Tips for Staying Healthy Throughout the Holidays’
- “When I indulge, I think it is best to go for the real deal. Don’t try to satisfy a craving with a substitute; I feel you end up eating more of the 'healthy version.'”
- “Another incentive to eating well at a party is to wear clothes that actually fit, instead of loose or baggy clothes. When I do this, it keeps me conscious of what I am eating.”
- “I think there is truth behind the theory that eating a small healthy snack before you leave the house can curb your appetite and keep you from over indulging.”
- “One of my winter favorites is an Arugula and Avocado Salad—it’s filling and full of healthy fats.”
“Christina is an in-demand actress with one of the hottest movies of the year coming out—so to say we’re honored to have her is an understatement,” stated Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “But it’s the active role she plays as a mother and FabKids Creative Partner that really got our attention. Her working-mother insights and keen sense of kid-style make her a great fit for our Momtastic readers.”
To read all the exclusive articles from Guest Editor Christina Applegate, please visit: http://www.momtastic.com/author/christina-applegate/.
To check out the FabKids website, please visit: http://www.fabkids.com/.
Momtastic (www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 7 million moms (August 2013, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (August 2013, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.