TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To accomplish New Year’s Resolutions, create a physical space for success. Does the space you are in help or detract you from being productive? A warm gym full of comfy couches never got people moving! In 2014, achieve more with these five changes to your space:
1. Display Your Goals – Writing your goals is helpful; displaying them is required. Make it a powerful display – a militant reminder to get things done. Or, make it attractive, so others will see it and hold you accountable. Either way, be creative.
2. Let It Flow – What is the heart of the space you are in? Feng Shui invites us to embrace the energy of the room, not just the look. Bagua or “heart”, reminds us that space must allow for energy to flow. Make sure that this space is open, free-flowing, and inviting. At home or at your office, this could be a broad hallway where spaces intersect. Allowing energy to move through the space will help creativity and relationships flourish.
3. Sit Right – The wrong chair can ruin more than your spine: it can make productivity a pain on your back! Ergonomics of furniture is critical to long-term physical endurance. Talk to us at Andrea Lauren Elegant Interiors about the right furniture.
4. Let It Shine – Every major brand is careful about the colors that represent them. Colors evoke emotions and moods, and help us feel energized (orange), relaxed (light blue), elegant (gold), etc. Wall colors at home can influence relationships with your family. At work, it can be the difference between teamwork and unproductive hostility.
5. Smell The Roses – Why should the room smell like old shoes? At Andrea Lauren Elegant Interiors, our #1 best-selling item is the Lampe Berger because aroma is indeed therapy. If your goals require that you get more done during work hours, consider peppermint-based oils to invigorate you past lunch. If you need more rest, go for lavender oils to clean the air and help you sleep better.
Don’t do the same things you have always done and expect different results. Learn how to re-invent your space with our free workshop, “The Secrets of Decorating Your Home for 2014”, during the Florida’s Largest Home Show at the Tampa Convention Center. The free workshop will take place January 3, 4 and 5 at Noon, 12:30pm, and 11:30 am, respectively. We want to help you achieve all of your goals in 2014!