SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--All over the world on New Year’s Day, one resolution makes it to the top of so many lists – find love. This year, eHarmony wants to inspire those looking for love by bringing seven of the more than 600,000 married couples who have found true love on eHarmony to be part of its float titled Everlasting Love in the 2014 Tournament of Roses Parade. Chosen to showcase the endless possibilities for lasting love, eHarmony couples will ride alongside the GRAMMY™ award-winning star, Natalie Cole as she sings her hit, “This Will Be” down the parade route.
Everlasting Love symbolizes the reality that everyone has something to offer and there is someone for everyone. Relationships last when they start with the right person.
“I have dedicated my life to helping people find and create positive, lasting relationships,” said Dr.Neil Clark Warren, founder and CEO of eHarmony. “It is our hope that our participation in the grand tradition of the Rose Parade, bringing Natalie Cole and her incredible talent along with our seven couples will remind the audience that real love is out there for everyone and that we can help them find it. We are so pleased to present our float in the landmark 125th Tournament of Roses Parade.”
The seven couples to appear on the float represent the millions of amazing life-changing love stories that have become the DNA of eHarmony. Snippets of their stories are below and photos can be found here:
1. First eHarmony Marriage, John and Vicki Vystrcil, from
- Married since 2001, John and Vicki’s shared values brought them together on eHarmony and have given them a strong and happy marriage since.
2. Golden Years Couple, Walter and Barbara Smith, from Newport Beach, CA
- Married in 2005 when they were 75 years old, both are now 83 and happier than ever.
- Barbara was the first woman police officer for the city of Burbank.
3. Last Day on eHarmony Couple, Dyna and Nehemie Juleus, from Queens, NY
- Dyna ’s membership was going to expire the day she was matched with Nehemie. It was the right match and they were married two years later.
- It turns out that their grandparents knew each other in Haiti.
4. Extraordinary Careers Couple, Rich and Kay Daniels, from Los Angeles, California
- She is a corporate lawyer and he is a Navy jet pilot instructor stationed out of state and they still manage to be to be together as a family with their baby girl!
5. eHarmony As Seen on TV Couple, Kenton and Sally Wong, from San Gabriel, CA
- Kenton and Sally met in January 2010 and were married in October of 2011. They appeared in an eHarmony commercial in 2012.
- She’s a CPA, he’s in television production.
6. Brady Bunch Couple, Patrick Scully and Victoria Ryden, from Brunswick, ME
- She has four kids, he has three, and together they have seven. They were matched October 19, 2007 and married July 25, 2009.
- He’s CEO/Managing Partner of his law firm and she been a news anchor for 25 years in Boston (FOX and CBS), Jacksonville, Florida (ABC and FOX) and Portland, Maine (ABC)
7. Getting Married in 2014 Couple, Rodrigo Granero and Jenny Rodriguez, from Orange County, CA
- They were matched in January 2012 and got engaged in April of 2013, getting married in June 2014.
About eHarmony, Inc.
Santa Monica, Calif.-based eHarmony, Inc. (www.eharmony.com) was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in using relationship science to match singles seeking long-term relationships. Its service presents users with compatible matches based on key dimensions of personality that are scientifically proven to predict highly successful long-term relationships. New peer-reviewed research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) ranks eHarmony as number one for producing the most marriages and the most satisfied marriages compared to all other methods studied. Of meeting places measured, eHarmony also had the lowest divorce rate.* On average, 438 people marry every day in the U.S. as a result of being matched on eHarmony, nearly 4% of new marriages.* Currently, eHarmony operates online matchmaking services in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil.
*Based on data on 19,131 marriages from 2005 to 2012 by Harris Interactive, couples that met on eHarmony had significantly fewer breakups than couples who met via all other methods combined. Combining methods that account for less than 1% of marriages sampled.
About Natalie Cole
Recording artist and actress Natalie Cole has sold over 30 million records worldwide throughout a long and successful career. She skyrocketed to stardom in 1975 with her debut album, “Inseparable,” earning her a #1 single, “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” and her first two Grammy Awards. A few of her many career highlights include Cole’s milestone 1991 release of “Unforgettable …With Love.” The album spend five weeks at #1 on the pop charts, earned six Grammy Awards and sold more than 14 million copies worldwide. Cole took home her ninth career Grammy for 2008’s “Still Unforgettable, which won for Best Traditional Pop Vocal and earned Natalie a NAACP Award for Best Jazz Artist. Natalie has also authored two successful books, “Angel on My Shoulder” in 2001 and “Love Brought Me Back” in 2010. Natalie serves as a spokesperson for the University Kidney Research Organization. Natalie is currently touring in support of “Natalie Cole en Espanol.”
About the Pasadena Tournament of Roses®
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses is a volunteer organization that annually hosts the Rose Parade® presented by Honda, the Rose Bowl Game® presented by VIZIO and a variety of associated events. The Tournament’s 935 volunteer members act as ambassadors of the organization within the community and serve on one of 31 committees that ensure the success of the parade and game. Collectively, they contribute upwards of 80,000 hours of manpower each year. The 125th Rose Parade presented by Honda, themed “Dreams Come True,” will take place Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, followed by the 100th Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO. On Jan. 6, 2014, the Tournament also will host the 2014 VIZIO BCS National Championship at the Rose Bowl Stadium. For additional information on the Tournament of Roses please visit the official website at www.tournamentofroses.com.