DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bj9c8k/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Japanese life insurance segment is the second-largest in the world, behind only the US, with 18-19% of the global life insurance written premium value in 2012.
Japan registered stable growth in life insurance business during the review period (2008-2012), with gross written premium expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% to value JPY31.7 trillion (US$397.6 billion) in 2012. The aging population, government reforms and the devastating earthquake in 2011 entrenched the need for insurance products, leading to expansion in the segment's assets from JPY306.4 trillion (US$2.9 trillion) in 2008 to JPY337.9 trillion (US$4.2 trillion) in 2012. The life insurance segment was mature in 2012 with a penetration of 6.7%, compared to the global average of 4.0%.
- Provides historical values for Japan's life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- Offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Japan's life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- Covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- Analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Japan
- Using Porter's industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Japan for the life insurance business
- Provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Japan and its growth prospects
- Profiles the top life insurance companies in Japan and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Japanese life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Japanese life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Japanese insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
- Japan Post Insurance
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
- Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Company
- Sony Life Insurance Company
- Taiyo Life Insurance Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bj9c8k/life_insurance_in
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.