OSLO, Norway--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CES 2014: South Hall 2, MP25277
Ultra low power (ULP) RF specialist Nordic Semiconductor ASA (OSE:NOD) today confirms details of exhibits, demonstrations, and partner companies that it will be hosting on its booth (MP25277 in South Hall 2) at International CES 2014. The event will be held in Las Vegas, NV, from January 7 to 10, 2014.
Companies from North America, Europe, and Asia which are using Nordic’s nRF51 Series Bluetooth® low energy and ANT+™ solutions in a number of innovative 'appcessories' will demonstrate and talk about their products on the booth. Appcessories combine a compact, portable accessory equipped with Bluetooth low energy (marketed to consumers as Bluetooth Smart) or ANT+ wireless connectivity with a software 'app' supported by a Bluetooth v4.0 (Bluetooth Smart Ready)- or ANT+-equipped mobile device.
The partner companies on the booth are:
- TKO Mobile which will show software solutions using Bluetooth low energy beacons and Apple's 'iBeacon' protocol. TKO will demonstrate mobile apps and cloud-based tools that showcase innovative uses for beacons;
- Belwith Products, which will demonstrate a range of SecuRemote® Technology-enabled residential access products and secure-home storage devices.
- QFO Labs is showing a range of high-quality yet affordable and fun toys such as the 'Quad Fighter' and 'Mimix';
- Wimoto, is showing climate (temperature/humidity/light)-, plant growing conditions-, water-, and security-sensors, plus a smart thermometer, and a prototype of their 'Cloud Cube' gateway that connects sensors directly to the Internet for unattended monitoring and control;
- IDT, which will exhibit a complete e-Wellness wireless eco system that transmits personal data from sensors to the cloud wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart Nordic technology. Sensors on show include an activity monitor / fall detector, blood pressure meter, body weight scale with body fat indication, blood glucose meter, heart rate monitor, and bike speed/cadence sensor;
- Novalia which will demonstrate the company’s low-cost, patented manufacturing technology using standard print processes combined with capacitive touch technology that allow Bluetooth low energy wireless control to be added to everyday low cost materials such as paper, card, and plastic, for potentially just a few dollars in high volume;
- Braveridge, which will show its 'iBeacon' reference design with finished enclosure ready for use by any potential iBeacon system integrators. The reference design employs a Nordic nRF51822 SoC;
- Thalmic Labs, a North American company headquartered in Waterloo, which is demonstrating the Myo armband that measures electrical activity in muscles to wirelessly control computers, phones, and other digital technologies, resulting in seamless interaction between humans and devices;
- Estimote, which will demonstrate its latest Beacon technology and its transformative effect for retailers and marketers. The company is installing a global Bluetooth low energy sensor network and platform for developers to build applications and services that empower users to experience life in new and exciting ways.
In addition to the product demonstrations, newly-crowned world chess champion Magnus Carlsen––who entered into a three-year sponsorship deal with Nordic earlier this year––will take on 20 players in a simultaneous match. During the match, Carlsen will use a wrist-worn heart rate monitor provided by Mio. Carlsen’s heart rate, and that of the twenty people he will be playing, will be wirelessly transmitted to North Pole Engineering’s WASP ANT/Wi-Fi bridge and from there to a large screen. Carlsen will also visit the Nordic booth to sign autographs on Wednesday, January 8 between 15:00 and 16:00.
“We’re pleased to confirm the partner companies that will be exhibiting on our booth at International CES,” says J. Darren O’Donnell, Nordic Semiconductor’s Director of Sales – Americas. “It’s a great opportunity for visitors to get an overview of the breadth of innovation that Bluetooth low energy and ANT+ wireless technologies are encouraging. The products on the booth are in general not prototypes, rather commercially available devices that demonstrate both how rapidly ultra low power wireless is spreading and how companies with little or no RF knowledge can now quickly enter this lucrative market using the Nordic nRF51 Series development tools.”
About Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Nordic Semiconductor is specializing in ultra-low power short-range wireless communication. The company’s range of 2.4GHz transceivers are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a wide variety of applications like wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, and intelligent sports equipment. Nordic is a member of the ANT+ Alliance and the Bluetooth SIG where the company has contributed core expertise in ULP RF design to Bluetooth low energy wireless technology (Bluetooth v4.0). The nRFready Demo App sample applications provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart wireless connectivity apps and accessories for iOS, Samsung and Android 4.3.