DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4w88mr/analysis_of_ess) has announced the addition of the "Global ESS Business and Flow Battery Technology Market Report 2013" report to their offering.
Pumped storage power plant and UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) are typical energy storage systems which were widely used from the past. However the application market of ESS is much more diverse and can be classified into 19 areas. Among many ESS technologies, flow battery technology shows high potential and is expected to be applied in various application markets in the future.
"Global ESS Business and Flow Battery Technology Market Report 2013" also contains broad range of topics related to flow battery, one of the most influential technology of ESS. The report looks into the history of flow battery and various redox couples and describes component parts of the battery.
About 85 flow batteries (small-scale batteries excluded) were installed in the world until 2012 which is above 343MWh in capacity. The installation market for flow battery is becoming more active in recent years. Flow batteries are mainly used for load leveling, renewable capacity firming, micro grid system, UPS and frequency regulation.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Large-Scale Energy Storage Technology Development Status
2. Redox Flow Battery Technology
3. Redox Flow Battery Application Examples
4. Redox Flow Battery Recent Technology Issues and Development Trends
5. Redox Flow Battery Patent Trend
6. Technology Development and Business Trends of Major Research Institutions and Company
7. Flow Battery Market Forecast
- Cellstrom GmbH (Austria)
- Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP)
- Fraunhofer ICT (Institute for chemical technology) (Germany)
- Honam Petrochemical Corp., etc.
- ITI Energy (England)
- Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Korea Institute of Energy Research
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- Plurion Systems (England)
- Prudent Energy
- Riso DTU (Denmark)
- Ryukyu Electric Power Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
- Sandia National Laboratories (SNL)
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- V-Fuel Pty Ltd
- ZBB Energy
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4w88mr/analysis_of_ess